Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=30159]jimbob5[/MENTION]

Think of a number under ten.

Now double the number.

Add 4

Now half the number you have

Now take away the number you first thought of.

You're answer is 2

That's a new one for you to work on.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
well you do seem to close ranks like a camp society quite a lot. I've nothing against homosexuals anyway.

No, and I don't think they would put anything against you either.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Then one of them says 'right so we've got a pound back each, so we have paid £9.66r each, for the meal and the tip and that adds up to £29. Hang on!

Pssst .... £10 minus £1 is £9 not £9.66 ( with maths like that I see why this simple question has confused you ).

[MENTION=30159]jimbob5[/MENTION]

Think of a number under ten.

Now double the number.

Add 4

Now half the number you have

Now take away the number you first thought of.

You're answer is 2

That's a new one for you to work on.

This one's great. Whoever would have guessed that 4 divided by 2 equals 2! :wink:

Think of a number. Double it. Add 10,000,000. Halve the number. Take away the number you first thought of. Your answer is 5,000,000.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Pssst .... £10 minus £1 is £9 not £9.66 ( with maths like that I see why this simple question has confused you ).
One of them says it. Can't you read? He thinks they have paid £9 each plus one third of the £2 tip. Anyway, now we all know the answer which only 2 people managed to grasp we can all pretend to be clever.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This one's great. Whoever would have guessed that 4 divided by 2 equals 2! :wink:

Think of a number. Double it. Add 10,000,000. Halve the number. Take away the number you first thought of. Your answer is 5,000,000.

:lolol: Shall we start the list...

You'd be surprised how many come up with the wrong answer.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
One of them says it. Can't you read? He thinks they have paid £9 each plus one third of the £2 tip. Anyway, now we all know the answer which only 2 people managed to grasp we can all pretend to be clever.

To think I scored a distinction in my finance module. Shows how education is so devalued these days. I'm off to buy an abacus.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is that a bit like you are arranging for the big boys to sort me out after school?

No-ones going to do that, but if you ask your maths teachers they will explain the puzzle to you.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
No-ones going to do that, but if you ask your maths teachers they will explain the puzzle to you.

No need. I googled it and understood the answer straight away. To be fair some of you obviously did know the answer but did not explain it as well, some did not follow the question and most, like me eventually clicked it was a trick question. I should have googled it straight away.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Your previous ban taught you nothing then ?
Yes it taught me that the people who tend to get banned are not the regular posters and the ones who should get banned are obviously mates with the moderators. I half expected last time the mods might prove me wrong but that was misplaced faith in democracy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here