Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we really mean business its time to stop messing around.

I along with a lot of fans I talked to at Derby could not believe a club with ambitions for promotion would go into the first game of the season with ONE fit Centre Half..Could you imagine if dunk got injured?

We need to pull our fingers out and get our business done ASAP

I would think the most likely worrying scenario is a rash red card.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It would be but he doesnt get many injuries but the same cant be said about red cards and rash tackles.

Show me a good CB that doesn't....He is committed and unfortunately will get timings wrong occasionally. For what its worth, he was superb on Saturday as was Bruno.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Looks like Bamford going to either Aston Villa, Fulham, Wolverhampton
Wanderers and Queens Park
Rangers. Could we hijack this one at the 11th hour?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looks like Bamford going to either Aston Villa, Fulham, Wolverhampton
Wanderers and Queens Park
Rangers. Could we hijack this one at the 11th hour?

Three of those clubs have parachute payments and one is threatening to throw millions at the team so that will be a NO

If we really mean business its time to stop messing around.

I along with a lot of fans I talked to at Derby could not believe a club with ambitions for promotion would go into the first game of the season with ONE fit Centre Half..Could you imagine if dunk got injured?

We need to pull our fingers out and get our business done ASAP

I think you have the Albion mixed up with a club with ambition.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hope the #10 / striker we are getting is totally unheralded - which means probably from overseas.

Anyone decent from an english club will no doubt get gazumped by Newcastle, Norwich or Villa.

Zach Clough would be great but already Fulham are interested. How long before Villa steam in ?

Lookman seems to have interest from bigger sharks.

So, another Knockaert please - total stealth and under the radar.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Do we need him? Is he better than we have? IMHO No to both so let whoever wants to pay an inflated wage packet do so.

Yes we need him

Yes he is better than Baldock

We are a striker light

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Do we need him? Is he better than we have? IMHO No to both so let whoever wants to pay an inflated wage packet do so.

In a word, no. His form has been very inconsistent for the clubs he's been loaned to + likely to be too expensive in terms of salary

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Let's sign Matt Derbyshire and Jamain Beckford shall we?!? Yes we need another striker of his ilk and yes he is better than Baldock. You never know he may just grow into a great player with a settled home. Call it an investment.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Page 3 and in danger of slipping to page 4!
I ask you. How can that be? There's a transfer window open and today could just be the day when we sign that elusive centre-back or speedy number 10.
Come on peeps! Keep this thread on the front page where it belongs :thumbsup:

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
I'm still saying Vydra or Bamford as our No 10/ST but more importantly where's the CB we desperately need. Come on Uncle T, let's do the business.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Watching last night although I have never rated him when he has played in a midfield role could Ince be the 4th choice CB. I have tried many times to explain that signing Matt Derbyshire was a suggestion for a specific short term to do a job as would be Jermaine Beckford but it seems the 'experts' on here wish to keep on about it and ridcule the idea. Good luck to them if that is all they have to offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here