Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It does help to explain why the general plot was crappy. I thought the first scene was OK and then decended into general crappiness and in the end ended up as drivel. I am not suprised an actor walked out of the set. I would have done the same.

Which actor are you talking about? I believe Robert Lindsay walked from the 2nd series but hadn't heard anything about the third series.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A plot has to be a litle bit true to life. It wasn't.

“There’s artistic licence and then there’s pure misrepresentation.”

This explains it and saves me the trouble of writing it in my own words: http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/apr/02/line-of-duty-bbc-police-kate-london

It only got seeming seriously ridiculous in the second episode for me. Things that did not seem to fit together, I thought woud become unravelled turned out just be just bad plotting. Done in a rush without checking if it held together.
The problem is though that you went all in on a forensic whodunnit of the opening shooting.

When the plot turned into something different you lost a lot of interest.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It does help to explain why the general plot was crappy. I thought the first scene was OK and then decended into general crappiness and in the end ended up as drivel.

A fair summation of the majority of your posts?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What a night, for me, at least.
2-2, and ...
... we watched the last episode. Verdict:
83 minutes of unravelling and creeping tension. Followed, by six or so minutes of utter jaw-dropping idiotic fantasy.
Nicely set up for the next series though.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I was thinking along the lines of Das Boot. That had the tension paced very well, and was panned by submariners but looked realistic to me (not knowing much about submarines).

Some things like the bolts looked dodgy in Das Boot, but I suspend disbelief in the story lines until it becomes quickly ridiculous like Line of Duty. Jed Mercurio pretends that is getting at the truth. Pretends that he is a social realist. A shit plot with sudden thrills (roller coaster of emotions if it affected you?) carried by the actors (casting was mostly OK). I'll not bother to watch the fourth series.

I was annoyed as the start got me hooked and I wanted to know how it panned out and how dramatic the bloodbath would be at the end.

Lots of good ideas that petered out as red herrings.

I'll be watching the fourth series, but George Eliot this isn't.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well...I've just watched the final episode, and was entranced from start to finish, as I was by the whole series. As I have been by all the other series.

This was fantastic TV, the BBC at its best. Up there with Luther.

Don't pick it apart, for God's sake, the acting, the directing, the scriptwriting...all were quite superb. I am so pleased that there will be another series.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Started watching season 1, 2 & 3 this week on Netflix.
Really intriguing to see how the baddies characters start to evolve.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Quality,cant wait for new series

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here