Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brilliant series, yet I find myself feeling a bit dissatisfied.

The whole pace accelerated massively in that last episode, and it all unravelled very quickly.

Also, why were there two armed coppers on guard for that particular interview?

Finally, the timeline for the last bit must have only been a day or so. Can they really get forensic stuff done that quickly?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
As we said, the close up on the gun return, the dodgy looking firearms gadgee behind Steve in the returns queue what turned out to be a wrong'un and shot his mate in the AC12 interview.

Getting the hang of these.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Would have been better if Dot had just completely unravelled during his interview, and spilled the beans on all the nonces,and they found out he had been abused as a kid by the same gang, and been groomed to be the gangs police protector

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Implausible

Brilliant series, yet I find myself feeling a bit dissatisfied.

The whole pace accelerated massively in that last episode, and it all unravelled very quickly.

Also, why were there two armed coppers on guard for that particular interview?

Finally, the timeline for the last bit must have only been a day or so. Can they really get forensic stuff done that quickly?

My feeling as well. Feel I have been tricked with a preposterous plot, things that make me suspend reality OTT, made up for by good acting, some good scenes and good pacing with the tension. Lots of scenes that seemed very awry (like the armed coppers on guard).

It seems the BBC wanted visceral at the expense of outcomes that seem to be decided by the throw of dice*. It looked as though as it could have been much better. (*Characters will not necessarily act rationally, but at least according to character.)

Dunbar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaezfVoveoY

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given her ability to run for what seemed like miles, but to be calm and fully in control of her gun, DC Kate Fleming should be straight into the GB Biathlon Team.

Really enjoyed the two interview sequences in the last episode with the mounting tension and the evidence being built layer by layer. Would have preferred Dot to be left squirming as the evidence stacked up against him, rather than the immediate exit required.

But great news that a new series is in the pipeline.

Apr 22, 2016
I really enjoyed it but there is just no way that an anti-corruption copper would be able to make that shot, 70 (ish) yards at a laterally moving target in a vehicle with just an iron sight, and i said out loud "**** off" when she did it.

Other than that is was an enjoyable conclusion. I particularly loved the interview/interrogation between Fleming, Hastings and Dot.

However, i do think there could have been a lot of mileage in allowing Dot to evade justice for another series and have Arnott successfully framed as The Caddy, sentenced and jailed, before he is vindicated in season four á la Denton this season.

Also, up the Clarets :D

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Stuck with it all the way through and really enjoyed the last episode but kept thinking the "list" would be shown as evidence at some point as I thought Lindsay Denton had sent it by text to someone, but who?? Loved the interview scenes of Dot but would have liked him to have squirmed more and as others have said why were there armed officers. The written summary at the end was also a useful conclusion.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
The end was not to my liking. The whole show was obviously a bit far fetched but the end was ridiculous.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Stuck with it all the way through and really enjoyed the last episode but kept thinking the "list" would be shown as evidence at some point as I thought Lindsay Denton had sent it by text to someone, but who?? Loved the interview scenes of Dot but would have liked him to have squirmed more and as others have said why were there armed officers. The written summary at the end was also a useful conclusion.

The list showed up on frasers phone and was used against fairbank

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Absolutely loved it. Who cares about the inconsistencies? It was thrilling stuff and the bad guys got it in the end. Awesome, adrenalin packed stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here