Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Albion manager - tracking the betting market

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Radio Sussex said TB arriving back in UK today and they expect an announcement after Christmas but before the New Year

This falls in with my view that Jones will be in charge for Reading and Fulham, which the new man will watch and then take over for Brentford..

Get Jones out before Reading, we should snap Pulis's hand off & appoint during the Queens Speech.,,we could be 8 points adrift by new year, dreadful decision to turn down the first SH offer of resignation, worse not to sack him before that offer, worse to appoint him, much worse to interview & far worse to short list. The closest SH should have got to our club was having a decline letter postmarked Brighton with his CV by return, I don't think even SH would appoint SH...Can anyone tell me just how he got A £1m job with a failed 1 year his only previous role??

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Long overdue British manager needed quickly! Back to basics, then rebuild ready for next season! Time is of the essence! Get Sherwood in now Bloom! Time to show the fans your Premiership ambition with your next vital appointment!

Why would sherwood show premier league ambition? Inexperienced and sacked in his last job, sounds Hyypia to me

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Radio Sussex said TB arriving back in UK today and they expect an announcement after Christmas but before the New Year

This falls in with my view that Jones will be in charge for Reading and Fulham, which the new man will watch and then take over for Brentford..

Agreed. This will be the timescale.

I imagine we'll be down to a list of the final 2 or 3 candidates today ( my guess Robinson, Sherwood, and Rosler in whatever order ), and the detailed negotiating will be completed before Fulham.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I met a load of brentford fans on a train a couple of years ago just after rosler left. They didn't mind he'd gone and fully expected him to struggle at Wigan. They said mark warburton was the brains behind brentfords success but rosler was quick to take the credit. They thought warburton would take the club on in a way rosler couldn't. All of this has totally been borne out.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gus had a project. Didn't seem to stop him from succeeding. Seriously, Hughton (not my first choice) over hapless Sami anytime... anyone over Sami TBH...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Could Burke leaving signal a move for Pulis who made it clear he wasnt interested under our system that was in place. Perhaps he will think differently now.

Possibly. Or Sherwood or Robinson. I guess they all have their own set ups they may wish to bring. But I think it could put Pulis a bit more in the frame.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Could Burke leaving signal a move for Pulis who made it clear he wasnt interested under our system that was in place. Perhaps he will think differently now.

Here's hoping BG...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The most important box to tick on getting a new manager is to get one whose name is easy for NSC'ers to spell, something less complicated than Sami.

Good point. This would be a worry for Chris Hughton who would be Houghton half of the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here