Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible bad news for a B777 [Malaysian MH370]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bear in mind that a rapid ascent would probably cause death within 30 seconds and the answer is no. In addition in the time leading up to death the brain becomes confused and disorientated.

Wouldn't the oxygen masks deploy?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Wouldn't the oxygen masks deploy?

Yes but if you are becoming disorientated you only have 30 seconds to do it. Then there is the fact that masks as opposed to hoods become more ineffective the more rapid decompression is, followed by a need to breathe in a certain way. Lastly there is only a limited amount of oxygen for passengers - if anybody makes it to this stage.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
with phones that are in built on the plane. do we know this plane had such phones? you can't get a mobile signal (unless i am very much mistaken?!)

You are mistaken. Mrs H put her phone on silent instead of flight mode on a flight to Turkey a couple of years ago. when she took it out of her handbag she had welcome texts from loads of mobile operators along the route.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I just can't believe that some of the Chinese friends/relatives of the passengers are threatening to go on hunger strike because of lack of information!! And exactly what will that achieve? Stupid ignorant people.

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
I just can't believe that some of the Chinese friends/relatives of the passengers are threatening to go on hunger strike because of lack of information!! And exactly what will that achieve? Stupid ignorant people.

Angry , frightened , confused , and probably bereaved people , surely ?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

It may seem like a desperate act to some of us watching from the comfort of our armchairs but the relatives and friends of the victims must be absolutely desperate for some reliable information and feeling that no one is taking their anxieties seriously.

The authorities continually give the impression of being hopelessly behind events. Conflicting reports on a daily basis aren't helping. This all fuels the authorities looking incompetent and creates suspicions of a conspiracy to hide the truth. The families have been fearing the worst for over a week and no one can give them an answer. Horrendous for them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

On the contrary they are grief stricken people who are desperate for news. They have grown up in a country where the government has told them continuously it knows everything and is working in the best interests of its citizens. Each time they are asked a question about their relative by another friend or relative and they can't answer it they lose face. Going on hunger strike is a fairly common occurrence in China and the government there would be desperate for news of any death from such a protest not to leak out as - guess what - the government would lose even more face. Plus, some of the older ones are used to starving having had f*** all to eat under Mao.

You need to read a bit of history and culture and. y'know, have a level of empathy above your average psychopath.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Breaking News : Plane is at either end of both search arcs & probably at the southern end after tracking data analysis completed

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It may seem like a desperate act to some of us watching from the comfort of our armchairs but the relatives and friends of the victims must be absolutely desperate for some reliable information and feeling that no one is taking their anxieties seriously.

The authorities continually give the impression of being hopelessly behind events. Conflicting reports on a daily basis aren't helping. This all fuels the authorities looking incompetent and creates suspicions of a conspiracy to hide the truth. The families have been fearing the worst for over a week and no one can give them an answer. Horrendous for them.

And what difference exactly do they think going on hunger strike is going to make?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Breaking News : Plane is at either end of both search arcs & probably at the southern end after tracking data analysis completed
There was a US expert on search & rescue on TV at the weekend - so 4 days ago - saying that the search should start at the extremes and work their way toward the centre. Seems that nobody was listening then, maybe they will now.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
The plane was shot down, maybe by Malaysian military (heading for Petrona towers?), maybe by US military (heading for Diego Garcia?), maybe by accident. Happened before with the forgotten Iranian flight 655 but stakes are higher in the world now so noone wants to admit it - expect some fake debris to be found soon to show it as an "accident".

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The plane was shot down, maybe by Malaysian military (heading for Petrona towers?), maybe by US military (heading for Diego Garcia?), maybe by accident. Happened before with the forgotten Iranian flight 655 but stakes are higher in the world now so noone wants to admit it - expect some fake debris to be found soon to show it as an "accident".
We are led to believe it continued in flight for several hours after losing radio contact. If that is the case then it rules out a fire on board or being shot out of the sky as otherwise I imagine loss of radio would have occurred shortly before it crashed to earth.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Ah, thanks for solving this incredible mystery. I didn't expect THAT to be the explanation. The worldwide media (not to mention many different governments) must feel like chumps right about now.

PS Have you been formally introduced to [MENTION=20045]hybrid_x[/MENTION] yet? I have a hunch that you two might just hit it off.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We are led to believe it continued in flight for several hours after losing radio contact. If that is the case then it rules out a fire on board or being shot out of the sky as otherwise I imagine loss of radio would have occurred shortly before it crashed to earth.

It could have been shot down if they believed it was a flying IED because there was no response from the aircraft , as the old saying goes - destroy first and ask questions later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here