Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
More scaremongering from the leave crowd.

You might think that, after all it's not like the last wave of poorer countries who joined the EU resulted in hundreds of thousands of their citizens coming here .... oh.

I'm sure the New Labour government who welcomed them planned for the inevitable extra strain on public services considering they predicted 13000 ish would come.

It is also possible every government since that time always knew over 3 million EU born citizens would end up living here and planned accordingly as will future UK governments when they have no control of EU immigration rates ...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I hear the French farmers were coming over to support Remain.They were very worried that they might have to give up their third holiday homes in the Pacific if the UK's contribution to the Common Agricultural Policy was lost.But in the finish-up,they were too lazy and didn't bother!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We have barrier free travel.

ive used it a few times,i do like not having to buy a ticket but
you lot really should consider charging people to use the S bahn or U Bahn or whatever its called.You wont be able to keep it free forever.
Funny old bunch the Germans free transport and legal to have sex with animals.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Oooo disarray in the Remain camp ...

Theresa May: UK should quit European Convention on Human Rights....

Mrs May said Albania, Serbia and Turkey had "poor populations and serious problems with organised crime, corruption, and sometimes even terrorism".

She added: "We have to ask ourselves, is it really right that the EU should just continue to expand, conferring upon all new member states all the rights of membership?"

... she called for major changes to the way the UK did business in the EU, including reducing the power of the European Parliament and the European Court of Justice.

Mr Duncan Smith told the BBC the home secretary's comments on the ECHR and EU expansion had "thrown the gauntlet down" to the government.

On EU expansion, he claimed, the prime minister is "in favour of extending our borders to Syria" by allowing Turkey to join the EU.

"She actually basically questions the very campaign she says that she supports," he said.

"This is a remarkable intervention. She has really thrown the gauntlet down and undermines the whole of the 'vote stay in' campaign."

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
HELP ME OUT.
Undecided but verging on leaving. Couple of things that involve my business.
1/ Foreign EU (Poland) workers. Will they have to go home?
I'm guessing not but what will the law be about relatives, boyfriends etc coming over
2/ Imports. I buy a lot of imported goods from the EU. Will we just but up a barrier, will imports have to go through a lengthy import control with paperwork or will nothing change.

Thanks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
ive used it a few times,i do like not having to buy a ticket but
you lot really should consider charging people to use the S bahn or U Bahn or whatever its called.You wont be able to keep it free forever.
Funny old bunch the Germans free transport and legal to have sex with animals.

Someone from England advising Germany on how to run a rail system :lolol: You've got to laugh haven't you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
HELP ME OUT.
I'm guessing not but what will the law be about relatives, boyfriends etc coming over
2/ Imports. I buy a lot of imported goods from the EU. Will we just but up a barrier, will imports have to go through a lengthy import control with paperwork or will nothing change.

Thanks.

Fair questions. The current answers (ie staying) to 1) and 2) no and no. Poles will not have to go home and no you don't have lengthy import control, paperwork, vat and other tax ball-ache. I can assure you this will remain if we remain. I am keen to listen to what will happen if we leave. Maybe an outer can paint the picture for us all?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
HELP ME OUT.

Thanks.

No one can give a definitive answer (although some might try) but my opinion is

1/ No
Future migration from the EU would probably be restricted, more to do with workers than family though.

2/ Depends on the outcome of the negotiated withdrawal and future trade agreements. Nothing will change until after a negotiated withdrawal settlement, which can take up to 2 years max.

:shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No one can give a definitive answer (although some might try) but my opinion is

1/ No
Future migration from the EU would probably be restricted, more to do with workers than family though.

2/ Depends on the outcome of the negotiated withdrawal and future trade agreements. Nothing will change until after a negotiated withdrawal settlement, which can take up to 2 years max.

:shrug:

What do you mean no one can give a definitive answer? I can. If we remain then poles won't have to go home and our friend will enjoy the same cross-border simplified processes he currently does.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
HELP ME OUT.

Thanks.

1. Highly unlikely. This country uses a lot of skilled labour from elsewhere in the EU and would collapse if they all left over night. It's farcical of the Remain camp to even suggest this is possible. In all likelihood a gradual set of changes to who is allowed in would be implemented ..... nobody already here would be kicked out. This is caveated with the fact that nobody actually knows what will be agreed in during our exit negotiations. It's a two way street not one way as the remain camp would have you believe.

2. In a similar vein, why would a barrier on goods suddenly go up. The EU members want us to continue to buy their stuff ( and we buy more of their stuff than they do of ours ) - Audi and BMW aren't suddenly going to be prevented from selling to us, their biggest European market bar Germany, and likewise we're not going to block the EU buying our goods and services.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What do you mean no one can give a definitive answer? I can. If we remain then poles won't have to go home and our friend will enjoy the same cross-border simplified processes he currently does.

OK, give a definitive answer on what happens with the UK being left out of political union if we stay. I note NOBODY in the remain camp cares to answer that question. Too difficult ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair questions. The current answers (ie staying) to 1) and 2) no and no. Poles will not have to go home and no you don't have lengthy import control, paperwork, vat and other tax ball-ache. I can assure you this will remain if we remain. I am keen to listen to what will happen if we leave. Maybe an outer can paint the picture for us all?

1. Highly unlikely. This country uses a lot of skilled labour from elsewhere in the EU and would collapse if they all left over night. It's farcical of the Remain camp to even suggest this is possible. In all likelihood a gradual set of changes to who is allowed in would be implemented ..... nobody already here would be kicked out. This is caveated with the fact that nobody actually knows what will be agreed in during our exit negotiations. It's a two way street not one way as the remain camp would have you believe.

2. In a similar vein, why would a barrier on goods suddenly go up. The EU members want us to continue to buy their stuff ( and we buy more of their stuff than they do of ours ) - Audi and BMW aren't suddenly going to be prevented from selling to us, their biggest European market bar Germany, and likewise we're not going to block the EU buying our goods and services.

So, in summary [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION], the out camp can't only guess as to what will happen. If these items are a concern to you I suggest you vote in.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Oooo disarray in the Remain camp ...

Theresa May: UK should quit European Convention on Human Rights....

Mrs May said Albania, Serbia and Turkey had "poor populations and serious problems with organised crime, corruption, and sometimes even terrorism".

She added: "We have to ask ourselves, is it really right that the EU should just continue to expand, conferring upon all new member states all the rights of membership?"

... she called for major changes to the way the UK did business in the EU, including reducing the power of the European Parliament and the European Court of Justice.

Mr Duncan Smith told the BBC the home secretary's comments on the ECHR and EU expansion had "thrown the gauntlet down" to the government.

On EU expansion, he claimed, the prime minister is "in favour of extending our borders to Syria" by allowing Turkey to join the EU.

"She actually basically questions the very campaign she says that she supports," he said.

"This is a remarkable intervention. She has really thrown the gauntlet down and undermines the whole of the 'vote stay in' campaign."

I am pretty certain that being a signatory of the ECHR is a precondition of being in the EU. She seems to be advocating something that is not possible. Confusing.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

He was asking about a post Brexit situation, as you know ...so your facetious comments are irrelevant.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
OK, give a definitive answer on what happens with the UK being left out of political union if we stay. I note NOBODY in the remain camp cares to answer that question. Too difficult ?

If we vote to stay we're part of the Union, it's the U in EU. We won't be left out of anything we don't want to be left out of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here