Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
"look before you leap"...........some of us are fed up at what we have been looking at, some of us are looking to leap before the excreta hits the fan.

I've got a feeling that if the vote is remain. A few months down the line the EU starts to dictate to us there will people thinking WTF have we done. By the then it will be too late people. Wake up and get out of this vile,corrupt dictatorial organisation.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I've got a feeling that if the vote is remain. A few months down the line the EU starts to dictate to us there will people thinking WTF have we done. By the then it will be too late people. Wake up and get out of this vile,corrupt dictatorial organisation.

That is exactly how i feel. Cameron thinks he got a few deals and my overwhelming vision is of Merkal in the local chippie smiling, knowing that the "deals" mean nothing.
Meanwhile other EU countries will struggle, the EU will come to us cap in hand for more money, this country will look the best bet for uncontrolled immigration and eventually we will crack.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
i wonder
how many times are you going to copy and paste the same rubbish figures
and still refuse to admit or even mention the negotiations will be a BRITISH model and wont be an off the peg "one of the above"

10? 20? 30 times?

Describe the 'British' model then. What sort of terms are we looking for? What happens if the EU make free movement a non negotiable item in the talks. What if the US insist that the terms of TTIP will form the basis of any trade agreement with the UK.

If, as a Brexit, you play devils advocate and accept there will be a downside to regaining the our so called sovereignty, how much of a drop in GDP would you consider an acceptable trade off?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
i wonder
how many times are you going to copy and paste the same rubbish figures

and still refuse to admit or even mention the negotiations will be a BRITISH model and wont be an off the peg "one of the above"

10? 20? 30 times?

As many times as it takes to get the debate away from minor irrelevant issues like democracy, sovereignty, mass immigration or splits in the remain campaign?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I've been saying this for ages....You just know the policies will increase and the amount we pay in,but get the feeling things will get pretty bad throughout Europe as well.

There's a huge agenda going on behind the scenes that I'm sure is being held up until the referendum is over.

Watch this space

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I really don't know what the Brexiters expect or want to happen. There is no timeline, no plan.

then you havnt been paying attention

we want out of a Europe expanding to allow basket case economies into the club.
we don’t want an external border with Syria Iran and Iraq
we want to be safe from a Europe that’s allows terrorists to walk across borders unhindered.
We want/MUST control our borders to manage our infrastructure.
We want our sovereignty back,a return of our judicial powers,we want democratic accountability to rest in this country not abroad.
we want to be free to trade with who we please and not be dictated to.

does this all come at an initial price? probably.
do I care? No!

This country is NOT a basket case that needs its hand held at every step, as you portray. Any initial downturn will swiftly be overcome because we are a GREAT trading nation, with a great workforce.

And you cant put a price on freedom and independence

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
You lot of Bremainers need to look at the TTIP stitch up that the unelected EU commission is negotiating with the US currently, in secret,.... among a raft of issues, it will actually allow US companies to sue the EU if in the future they introduce any legislation that affects said companies profits..... amazed? ... I was, .. now go and research it yourself. .... shameful.... vote Leave

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And you cant put a price on freedom and independence

The nation's the UK wants to arrange trade agreements with will certainly provide a price.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Why will it be too late? We can leave the EU any time we want. We don't need a referendum. Parliament can vote on this at any time. In fact, if they wanted to, MPs could arrange a vote next week and, if a majority of MPs voted to leave, we could start the process. In the same vein, if the vote on 23rd June is to STAY, then - if we feel we've been stitched up six months later, we can simply hold a vote in Parliament.

Of course the slight problem for the Brexit camp is that the majority of MPs would vote to stay.....although (in the scenario you paint, with the UK being taken for a ride) this could change.

Unfortunately, it doesn't really work the other way round - if we vote to leave on 23rd June, then change our minds in December, we could only ever get back in on massively disadvantaged terms, as we'd have virtually no bargaining power.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
For those remain posters who really believe we are now safe from Ever Closer Union thanks to Dave's negotiating skills where the only supposed substantive protection was a “red card” system, where EU legislation can be reconsidered with support of 55 per cent of the 28 member nations. I suggest you watch this.

They are playing you for muggs.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The nation's the UK wants to arrange trade agreements with will certainly provide a price.
It's quite funny really... you continually trot this tariff line out.... you forget, we are a market of 65 million people, with very high per capita income and thus spending capacity. These countries want us to buy their goods, they need us to buy their goods..... deals will be done, don't you worry your little 'sour-kraut' head about it.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's quite funny really... you continually trot this tariff line out.... you forget, we are a market of 65 million people, with very high per capita income and thus spending capacity. These countries want us to buy their goods, they need us to buy their goods..... deals will be done, don't you worry your little 'sour-kraut' head about it.

The UK hasn't negotiated a trade deal for 40 years. 44% of our exports go to the EU (i.e. - the EU is very important to us!). Around 6% of the EU's exports are to the UK (i.e., we are not that important, in trade terms). The key issue is political - if we did vote to leave, the EU would be desperate to ensure no one else left, and they would do their absolute damnedest to ensure we had a really, really crappy trade deal.

It definitely is NOT worth the risk. We might not like being in the club and having to play by its rules, but it's a helluva lot better than not being in any club, and having to survive on the scraps that the rest of the world choses to throw us.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

they certainly will, thats part and parcel of a trade agreement. can you tell us what the price of TTIP is? on the other hand if we exit, we can decide if those deals are worth it, or we remain trading without further bilateral deals. for a lot of nations getting into the 6 largest economy will open doors to their economy, some mutually beneficial arrangements between the two parties may be very beneficial.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The UK hasn't negotiated a trade deal for 40 years. 44% of our exports go to the EU (i.e. - the EU is very important to us!). Around 6% of the EU's exports are to the UK (i.e., we are not that important, in trade terms). The key issue is political - if we did vote to leave, the EU would be desperate to ensure no one else left, and they would do their absolute damnedest to ensure we had a really, really crappy trade deal.

thats the line been fed. the vested interests of those behind the 6% may have another view. on the other hand they have shown us with the paucity of the deal Cameron extracted from them, you have a point. end of the day that 44% of exports is actually a small part of our total economy, and its a shrinking part while the rest of the world grows.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

It definitely is NOT worth the risk. We might not like being in the club and having to play by its rules, but it's a helluva lot better than not being in any club, and having to survive on the scraps that the rest of the world choses to throw us.

2014 and China?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here