Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Air show crash

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The pilot must have ejected (probably horizontally); there's no way he could have survived in the cockpit.

Pilot did not eject and was pulled from the cockpit alive. Has since sadly passed.

Feeling a bit sick.

Can't really say much other than thought with friends & families involved.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That must mean eight have perished, if the Worthing hospital employee's figures were correct.
Did it occur on the west-bound or east-bound carriageway? If the latter, then we must brace ourselves for the possibility of NSC bereavements.

I should imagine that when a jet aircraft crashes into a dual carriageway, then both carriageways are equally effected.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
That must mean eight have now perished, if the Worthing Hospital employee's figures were correct.
Did it occur on/next to the west-bound or east-bound carriageway? If the latter, then we must brace ourselves for the possibility of NSC bereavements.

No idea, but regarding the latter part of your post, I imagine a few NSC users are awaiting contact from family, including myself.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I should imagine that when a jet aircraft crashes into a dual carriageway, then both carriageways are equally effected.

I won't post it, but the most graphic impact image in Twitter shows a fireball engulfing both carriage areas.

Jul 21, 2015
That must mean eight have now perished, if the Worthing Hospital employee's figures were correct.
Did it occur on/next to the west-bound or east-bound carriageway? If the latter, then we must brace ourselves for the possibility of NSC bereavements.

I don't usually cry but I have today.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That's just sick no thought for worried families

I agree. I have reported the posts so that the mods can remove the footage. Cars and even number plates easily identifiable from that footage.

I can't understand what has motivated people to post that footage online when people will still be trying to locate loved ones.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Please think about what your are posting in this thread, some of this footage is disturbing to say the least and probably isn't helping others who could be connected to the event.

Jul 21, 2015
I agree. I have reported the posts so that the mods can remove the footage. Cars and even number plates easily identifiable from that footage.

I can't understand what has motivated people to post that footage online when people will still be trying to locate loved ones.

Gruesome scenes.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

I would suggest it's the possibility of getting some attention for it.

There's a perfectly valid reason for all the videos of the crash happening, everyone there presumably had an interest in it after all, but anything in the aftermath...why?

Edit; For clarity, everyone there had interest in the flight not the awful outcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here