Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is to blame for the mess we are in....

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Loads on here seem to think they could do better so let's put our money up eh? I'd guess we've got around 15 000 adult season ticket holders, so about 13.5k each should cover it for the initial outlay.

Form an orderly queue.....

Shame the banks closed. mabie il go down the the morning and ask for a loan. You never know i might be able to bring the bank manager in on it aswel.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't mind how TB spends his money, but find the whole altruism argument a bit weak. Businessmen invest in football clubs for business reasons...

And I agree with you. He shouldn't be getting stick, but needs to remember he isn't at a poker table on this, and a little leadership is required...

You think Tony Bloom invested in the Albion to make some money? If that's true he must be the worst businessman in the whole of Sussex.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
The club lost £30 million in the first three years at the Amex, reached the playoffs twice. That's ignoring the cost of the stadium and training facility.

The football has been rubbish this season, and we may go down. I will be happy to see the back of this manager but we need someone better, not just someone.

If relegation happens and a load of fickle people stop going I'm not that bothered, as you say, we're the Albion, not United. They'll be back when we do well and disappear when we don't, same as always.

And folks, in a nutshell, this is how it's always been. It's why we love the Albion and didn't take the easy football supporting options. The only difference this time is that we have billy big balls people in admin positions at the club who think they are on the cusp of running a premier league outfit. The loyal 7,000 had no expectations, or delusions of grandeur, it's been fostered upon us and too many numpties have bought the hype.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Where do you get those numbers from?

Average gate last season 25k x average cost of £25 per ticket x 23 games = £1,4375,000

Average spend inside the ground per season £2,875000

Sub total = £17,250000

Probably takes a further million for car parking charges.

That is my rough estimate, so give or take a few million, it is definately a lot of millions.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
So you don't reckon hundreds of thousands of Albion fans have travelled away over the years?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here