Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor show BHAFC very poor show.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Personally, I found it very odd that the OP's 7-year old daughter has a wife, but I didn't comment about it as I didn't want to judge.
I'm disappointed in you. I'd have been all over it if I'd noticed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lil Miss Stat didn't get her free shirt, I said 'oh well that's a shame', and that was the end of that.

Some people are unbelievable.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My daughter has been a member since she was about 2, and on her 7th birthday the club posted her a shirt. It may have changed in the past 3 years, but there was no requirement to pick it up at the Amex.

Nobody suggested there was. But if the option exists to pick a shirt up from the Amex, why on earth exclude match days? It's just making things difficult for the sake of it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My daughter has been a member since she was about 2, and on her 7th birthday the club posted her a shirt. It may have changed in the past 3 years, but there was no requirement to pick it up at the Amex.
Yeah it's changed. They posted my daughter hers. Now you need to go along with a birth certificate or something.

Lil Miss Stat didn't get her free shirt, I said 'oh well that's a shame', and that was the end of that.
Same.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nobody suggested there was.
Yeah, I did.
But if the option exists to pick a shirt up from the Amex, why on earth exclude match days? It's just making things difficult for the sake of it.
Certainly not for the sake of it, the shop is really busy on match days. People were sorting out tickets (I think, as it wasn't always outside) and it's the busiest time for sales.

It's possible you could do it later, some time after the match, I can't remember, but it wasn't suitable for us at the time.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
That's pretty much NSC's mission statement.

Don't take it too seriously.

Untitled.png

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Nobody suggested there was. But if the option exists to pick a shirt up from the Amex, why on earth exclude match days? It's just making things difficult for the sake of it.

Have you been in the shop on match days - it's quite busy. I'd imagine having to root about to find a shirt put aside for a particular child would delay things, plus it would take the parent ages to queue up. However, as it's FREE*, I'd imagine I could put up with it.

* As long as you don't wait until a month before your kid's 7th birthday to suddenly realise they support BHAFC

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Shortsighted from the club in my opinion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My two lads have been STH (and Junior Seagulls) since they were 5 or 6 years old, sat in the rain at Withdean. Did they get a FREE SHIRT on their 7th birthdays? Did they ****. Did we think, when they later brought this very generous gift in, that we were somehow hard done by? Did we ****.

Two seasons ago, I had to shell out loads more for the eldest's ST, because he was born one day too soon - turned 16 ON the opening day of the season, so no longer an 'U-16'. A day later would have saved me £100+. Was that a bit annoying? Yes. Did we whine about it* and ask that they bend the rules, because it was 'only a day'? Of course not.

*maybe a little

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have you been in the shop on match days - it's quite busy. I'd imagine having to root about to find a shirt put aside for a particular child would delay things, plus it would take the parent ages to queue up. However, as it's FREE*, I'd imagine I could put up with it.

* As long as you don't wait until a month before your kid's 7th birthday to suddenly realise they support BHAFC

*29 days*

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I've been in the shop on many a match day. It's not THAT busy apart from hundreds of people aimlessly wandering around not buying anything, myself included, and there's umpteen tills open for business. It would take ONE dedicated member of staff to root around in a backroom storeroom for some clearly labelled and easily locateable merchandise. I mean, we're not talking Argos levels of stock here, we're talking maybe a couple of dozen packages. As with the catering, there's SO many things that could be done so much better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Being a petty and vindictive individual if I were in Mr Barber's position I'd hunt down the OP.
I 'd cancel his season ticket and then make it very 'difficult' for him to come to games.

Which probably goes some way to explain why I'm a socially inept postie and not a big business CEO.

#TeamClub all the way.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Being a petty and vindictive individual if I were in Mr Barber's position I'd hunt down the OP.
I 'd cancel his season ticket and then make it very 'difficult' for him to come to games.

Which probably goes some way to explain why I'm a socially inept postie and not a big business CEO.

#TeamClub all the way.

You might make a good President of the US though. What are your feelings on women and womanly stuff?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=8459]TWOCHOICEStom[/MENTION]

Love that. We do need a concerted effort for a new tag. We've got a week to kill so perhaps we can get it nailed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I agree. My grandchildren don't live in Sussex, but had their shirts posted to them. They were signed up as toddlers.

el punal

Right, I think I'll add my two penny worth.

Taking away all the angst and emotion bit in this, did you, when talking to this lady, consider asking to speak to her supervisor for clarification on the points raised?

Did you write a letter, or email the club to put your point of view across before posting on this board?

Already asked, judging by the number of comments on here, but why didn't you register your daughter well before the "deadline date"?

If you are especially keen for your daughter to receive a replica shirt for her birthday why didn't you purchase one and have it personalised with your daughter's name and favourite number on the back?

Speaking from personal experience, I have had dealings with the club on arranging for my grandson, on his eighth birthday, to be the Albion match mascot. I cannot praise the club staff more for everything they did to make it such a memorable day. Throughout the whole process they were helpful and attentive to any queries that I raised.

Perhaps, when the dust has settled, you might try contacting the club again and explain your dilemma. You never know, a few kind words and you might end up with the result you desired.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I had both my kids signed up and they get their packs with stickers posters and yes they got a free shirt when they were 7 as well as me spending about £15-£20 each for names and numbers. Maybe the club could have waivered the 30day rule and they are being a bit inflexible. However, it sounds to me, like the OP signed up only because he thought there was a free shirt in it, I'm guessing that's how it sounded to the club staff too, which is why they may have been inflexible on this one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You might make a good President of the US though. What are your feelings on women and womanly stuff?

Other than the fact they all scare me s***less I'm fine with them, including the different coloured ones, and those that also like other ladies.

So on balance I guess I'd better stick to pushing recycling through letterboxes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here