Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bottom line is I believe he is innocent.

Reminds me of a song.....

No_One_Is_Innocent_Italian_Counterfeit.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Read my posts and you will see my position and arguements very clearly. Bottom line is I believe he is innocent. No hidden agenda's or conspiracies with another poster (as was insinuated earlier this week). I do also post on less controversial threads as well for example I did yesterday on the 'when did the fences go up at the goldstone' thread. I don't come on her just to stoke controversy or to wind people up (although given some of the abuse I have taken on here I certainly have wound some posters up on here) I'm not complaining about that as I believe in if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

This doesn't answer my question though. I know your position, I'm curious as to the energy you are devoting to it. And knowing things like this often helps me better understand their argument which is surely what you want?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
This doesn't answer my question though. I know your position, I'm curious as to the energy you are devoting to it. And knowing things like this often helps me better understand their argument which is surely what you want?

I thought it was a very comprehensive answer to your question. As for the 'energy' I'm devoting to it, I'm not using much energy typing out a few words. It's not exactly draining me physically or emotionally.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Maybe people think it's not fair to not get re- signed but it's not fair to get raped either. **** him, dirty rapist.

Serving your term doesn't actually erase your crime. He's a convicted rapist. Fact.

Dumb

Dumber

Unrepentant convicted rapist.

Even more dumber

And this.

etc. etc.

He is a convicted rapist but none of you know whether he is or is not an actual rapist.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Dumb

Dumber

Even more dumber

etc. etc.

He is a convicted rapist but none of you know whether he is or is not an actual rapist.[/

I see what you mean. You are of course embarrassingly and monumentally incorrect.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought it was a very comprehensive answer to your question. As for the 'energy' I'm devoting to it, I'm not using much energy typing out a few words. It's not exactly draining me physically or emotionally.

It's a single issue you return to day in day out though, seemingly at the expense of you posting elsewhere on other topics. You're certainly dedicating a lot of time to this specific issue.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Whoa, a feminist reporter writing an article based a million miles away from fact.

She implies the whole of football is misogynist, yet the vast majority of people that I know that go to football aren't. The overwhelming majority of people posting on this thread, whether supporting the conviction or questioning it, aren't, bar maybe one who overstepped the line with some comments about the girl in this case. What exactly are her experiences of football? No mention of her following a team on the 'about me' section of her website, or for that matter any sport.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fair point, however why should he when he is a professional footballer and can earn thousands of pounds a week. Hughes, McCormick and King all decided they wanted to resume a career in football why should Evans not? Hughes and McCormicks actions resulted in death and yet they have rejoined the 'football family.' King has got numerous convictions including assaulting young girls yet Sheff United signed him with no fuss at all. Why should Evans be any different? Please spare the 'he hasn't shown remorse' mantra, he is appealing his conviction so therefore won't.

We all adhere to a social contract. To be a part of society we agree to live by general rules, murder and rape and violence against one another are generally accepted no-nos.

When you break those rules there are repurcussions. Being kept apart from society for a period is just part of that. You need to earn back your previous standing in society. As others have said, anyone who commits such crimes who wish to be accepted back into society need to show remorse, need to show they have learned a lesson and willingness to be better people.

Of course people deserve second chances, but there is a difference between giving someone a second chance and giving them back everything they had before they committed their crime, especially when what they had before is something as privileged as professional football.

I personally don't think King should be in football. As I say, I'm all for second chances, but he's on his fourth or fifth chance by now, that for me shows an inability to learn and change and better himself and I don't want him near "my" club.

For a similar reason I would not want Lee Hughes at our club. After being sentenced to prison he only appealed the sentence, not the conviction, and admitted guilt on two other counts, and then was involved in another incident that included being found guilty of common assault (with a charge of sexual assault being dropped). But, Lee Hughes was with west brom in the premier league, they got relegated, and he had just helped them back into the premier league when he went down. He came out and signed for a league one club at a reported 10th of what he earned at west brom (a still-not-to-be-sniffed-at £1800 a week), after being linked with a few clubs he signed for league two notts county. Went down a premier league footballer on almost 20k, came back two divisions lower on 2k.

Luke McCormick pleaded guilty. He admitted his wrong doing. His return to football started with a trial at swindon that came to nothing. He then signed for Truro. He went from playing in the Championship to playing in the conference south, and now plays for a plymouth side in League two, all of which will come with a drop in wages to what he had previously had.

Ched Evans was sent down as a league one footballer, he is now out and looking to become a league one footballer while refusing to accept anything except a charge of infidelity. His family and supporters have made life even harder for his victim, and now they are threatening people who speak out against a football club hiring an unrepentant, convicted rapist.

They came back, started lower than they were at and Hughes continued to stay at a lower level currently playing for Forest Green in the conference. McCormick started in non-league and has worked his way up to League Two, and is still earning progression in the football pyramid.

Evans is expecting to jump right back where he left.

That's another difference, to add to the other comments about there being several big differences between death by dangerous/drunk diving and rape, and the attitudes of the people involved.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
God, I bet your kicking yourself now that you didn't pipe up back at the arrest. You could have saved everyone a lot of silly bother.

What are you on about? Can you read what I post and do you actually understand what you read? It appears not.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Dumb

Dumber

Even more dumber

etc. etc.

He is a convicted rapist but none of you know whether he is or is not an actual rapist.

I think you're being a bit unwise and trying to play god here. I'd deal in facts.

He has been tried of a crime and found guilty. He is a convicted rapist.

He is unrepentant. In fact, his team have tried to smear the victim from the start until today.

These are facts, and not dumb assertions.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think you're being a bit unwise and trying to play god here. I'd deal in facts.

He has been tried of a crime and found guilty. He is a convicted rapist.

He is unrepentant. In fact, his team have tried to smear the victim from the start until today.

These are facts, and not dumb assertions.

I agree that he is a convicted rapist, where have I said anything different?

The difference between you and me seems to be that you have absolute faith the jury got it right whereas I think there is an element of doubt.

You might think the Birmingham 6 or the Guildford 4 are stonewalled guilty because that is what a jury declared. You might know that Barry George murdered Gill Dando because a jury thought so.

I'm certainly not playing God. i don't know if he raped her or if it was consensual. God (if he exists) would know for sure.

The actual fact is that the jury came to the opinion that he is a rapist, they don't know for sure. If or when he is cleared by an appeal court he'll will remain, on record, a convicted rapist. As for being unrepentant, have you ever apologised for something you didn't do?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I agree that he is a convicted rapist, where have I said anything different?

The difference between you and me seems to be that you have absolute faith the jury got it right whereas I think there is an element of doubts.

You might think the Birmingham 6 or the Guildford 4 are stonewalled guilty because that is what a jury declared. You might know that Barry George murdered Gill Dando because a jury thought so.

I'm certainly not playing God. i don't know if he raped her or if it was consensual. God (if he exists) would know for sure.

The actual fact is that the jury came to the opinion that he is a rapist, they don't know for sure. If or when he is cleared by an appeal court he'll will remain, on record, a convicted rapist. As for being unrepentant, have you ever apologised for something you didn't do?

And you think there are elements of doubt because he says he didn't do it? Because you think she was asking for it?

Perhaps after the case has been to review and the guilty verdict is upheld you'll be back on here to admit you got it wrong. Will that be enough?

The jury came to an opinion based on the evidence they were presented with. It's not some subjective opinion based on whether they liked the cut of his gib.

Unlike Gill Dando and the Birmingham six there was no pressure on the Police or CPS to get a conviction. There were no political pressures involved here. Very different cases. You can see that.

Either way, I'm not about to start assuming that every conviction via the courts could be a miscarriage of justice just because the perpetrator claims they are innocent.

Come on now, be reasonable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here