Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think I'm going to get stuck into my bananas now........

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This talk of an SNP clean sweep is clearly a load of old bollocks - they have got no votes at all in the two constituencies that have declared!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
mmmm tellers.

That needs a bit of reform doesn't it ? Not allowed to overtly promote but at the same time not allowed to make people think they are officials.

The Tories in Balham had two outside last time, both with their rosettes in their pockets. I saw them hanging out :)

This year one - but most people think they are something official and gladly hand over their cards.

I undertstand it's importance but would be more comfortable if it was "independent" or quite clearly not if you get my drift.

My uncle used to make me laugh. He would gladly let the Lib Dems think he would vote for them and drive him to the polling station. He only ever voted Labour in his life.

I have to say it never feels comfortable, though there are signs with clear rules everywhere. Most people were very willing (you are only able to ask for the polling card number), and only a few didn't want to say. Labour and Conservative tellers were getting on very well together too. We've been very lucky with the candidates in Battersea. Jane Ellison was a very popular MP, with supporters and opponents alike liking her, and I think the Labour candidate, Will Martindale, will go a long way in politics.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Into the Unions who got the wrong brother elected?

A good point worthy of remembering. The unions are so out of touch and inward looking. Had David Miliband prevailed - which was the choice of the PLP and members in country, Labour would be looking at a working majority without any doubt whatsoever.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The German optimist is way off the mark, Dave will win

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here