Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Hi mate. A point of interest - if the Tories (and more likely the Lib Dems) decide that a coalition between the two isn't gonna happen - do you think the Tories go forward with a minority government into an oddly weakend position than they were before ?

Surely the lib dems will now quietly retreat and try and recover ?

This is what's fascinating about this election. What have you lost by what you have gained.

It's all really confused all this stuff, isn't it? I certainly wasn't expecting the exit poll and will be very surprised. Possibly 300 for the Tories at the most I would expect, though I think UKIP could be doing more damage than the exit poll showed. Funnily enough, I was telling in Battersea today and neither of my Labour fellow tellers were at all impressed by their leadership. Whatever happens, I think there has got to be a lot of healing. I detest all this inverse snobbery - most Tories I know do hours of volunteering and are in no way self-satisfied, but I have to accept that things like the bedroom tax (which I opposed) have caused a lot of division. I would also prefer to keep going in a coalition rather than go it alone, and far rather with the Lib Dems than UKIP.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Silly. This is a serious political debate thread. Don't spoil it...;)

You're right, Portlock. I don't think it's going to happen.

They may have to content themselves with a Europa League place in 5th. Good news - they'll be used to competing on Thursday nights.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
from the Electoral Calculus site, in % so we can see the comparison:

Con 36.5%, Lab 29.8%, Lib 9.0%, and in Scotland SNP 53%

blimey.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Nowhere near as much as a Milliband Balls up!!

Bare minimum is about a billion a year as that'll get the welfare reforms that no party there wants to push through (but the DUP have at least voted for, sometimes) cancelled; probably want another few hundred million in infrastructure too.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Laura kunesberg getting all moist at the news that ed balls may lose his seat....yes please...odious ****.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Please let the rumour about balls losing his seat be true

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Balls may lose his seat.

There you go Labour no balls

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Reading tonight that a few of the lib dem establishment are dead against it.

it would make sense for them to retreat from government and try to rebuild as the party of alternative. i also recall a piece many weeks ago that you cant really do "coalition" with less than 20-30 seats because you need a number of members to be in the government for it to be meaningful. i think we are in supply and confidence territory, or a soft alliance to support bills if they have input?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Sunderland Central returns to form. Tories second, but much bigger Labour majority. Not such a big UKIP increase this time, but a big fall in the Tory vote. I can't see how the exit poll can be correct.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's all really confused all this stuff, isn't it? I certainly wasn't expecting the exit poll and will be very surprised. Possibly 300 for the Tories at the most I would expect, though I think UKIP could be doing more damage than the exit poll showed. Funnily enough, I was telling in Battersea today and neither of my Labour fellow tellers were at all impressed by their leadership. Whatever happens, I think there has got to be a lot of healing. I detest all this inverse snobbery - most Tories I know do hours of volunteering and are in no way self-satisfied, but I have to accept that things like the bedroom tax (which I opposed) have caused a lot of division. I would also prefer to keep going in a coalition rather than go it alone, and far rather with the Lib Dems than UKIP.

mmmm tellers.

That needs a bit of reform doesn't it ? Not allowed to overtly promote but at the same time not allowed to make people think they are officials.

The Tories in Balham had two outside last time, both with their rosettes in their pockets. I saw them hanging out :)

This year one - but most people think they are something official and gladly hand over their cards.

I undertstand it's importance but would be more comfortable if it was "independent" or quite clearly not if you get my drift.

My uncle used to make me laugh. He would gladly let the Lib Dems think he would vote for them and drive him to the polling station. He only ever voted Labour in his life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here