Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5th Test Match

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Apparently Bayliss will ask Cook if he wants to carry on as Captain next summer once this Match is over. Can imagine what his expletive splattered answer will be.

Already switched off as captain by the looks of it with Root ready to step up

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm not entirely sure whether India, and particularly Nair, are playing phenomenally well, or whether we're just shite.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Does anyone make 'carnage' sound as delightful as Henry Blofeld?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So assuming they declare in the next few mins, do you think we can take it into a 5th day ? Need to survive 5-6 overs..........................we look utterly shot.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My Cardiff City mate sat through the 0-0 against Cardiff a few weeks back with me and has since been watching this thrashing over in India. He'll be back at the end of the week ready to come along to the Amex to witness another thrashing next week.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Karun Nair 303* (381 balls, 32 fours, 4 sixes) on debut :clap2:

India 759-7 declared (190.4 overs), leading by 282

Their highest total in a Test match against England.

#outstanding

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yes. Well played. Hope Cook sees the ball better when batting than when he tried to stop that last four.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Any bets on the score at the first wicket?... I reckon Keaton will get another zero...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Karun Nair 303* (381 balls, 32 fours, 4 sixes) on debut :clap2:

India 759-7 declared (190.4 overs), leading by 282

Their highest total in a Test match against England.

#outstanding

A pedant writes: This isn't Nair's debut, but it was his first 3 figure score. He made his Test debut earlier in the series.

A fantastic achievement though, in any case.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
A pedant writes: This isn't Nair's debut, but it was his first 3 figure score. He made his Test debut earlier in the series.

A fantastic achievement though, in any case.

Yep, his average before this innings was 8.5

It's now 160

:)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Morning everyone, both openers looking comfortable which as the opposition have just scored 759 runs on this wicket is not too much of a surprise.

72-0

deepakind

Dec 15, 2016
The 5th match are going towards Draw because at the end of the 1st season They didn't lose any wicket and their opener batsman are doing great job. They are going to save 5th and last match. At this pitch bowler will not have any support that are batting pitch

At the End of the 1st Season

ENG 477, 95/0 (36.0 Ovs) CRR: 2.64

Day 5: 1st Session - England trail by 187 runs

Keaton Jennings 45* Alastair Cook46*

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:nono:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My Cardiff City mate sat through the 0-0 against Cardiff a few weeks back with me and has since been watching this thrashing over in India. He'll be back at the end of the week ready to come along to the Amex to witness another thrashing next week.

Maybe he hasn't.

TMS were saying this morning that there has been trouble with English fans not in Tour groups getting tickets. Apparently, if you did not buy a 5 day pass on Day 1 it was nigh possible to get in on Days 2,3 and 4. The empty seats already sold to local people with 5 day passes who didn't turn up. Hence the police hitting out with Lathis on Saturday. To make matters worse there are three empty stands that they did not sell tickets for. Each of these has an official ticket checker blocking access. Today tickets were for sale.

My friend has not posted his usual photos since Day 1. My heart bleeds for him. Schadenfreude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here