Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket anomaly

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sorry but I personally think the club need to be a little more understanding and flexible. I can understand why they need to have rules in place but anyone who's been a season ticket for a number of years is likely to remain so if/when things go to shit and needs looking after. Having said that I only missed maybe 2 games a season when I was at uni in Nottingham and we were at withdean so the OP may not have a problem.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I have a season ticket with my son who is 19.

He has got a place at Uni next year so I requested upgrading a season ticket from U21 to adult knowing that there will be a lot of games next year he can't make. I am prepared to pay over the odds as the games he can make I will be over-paying.

I have been advised by the club that I have two options, upgrade 6 times then go on my own or cancel his season ticket.

Apologies if this has been discussed and I have missed it.

Or the other option would be, keep ticket allowing son to go to games that he can and put ticket up on ticket exchange for games he can't !

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would hope that you can keep his ST asis. With the games he can make, 6 upgrades and the ability to use the ticket exchange, you should be covered :thumbsup:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sorry but I personally think the club need to be a little more understanding and flexible. I can understand why they need to have rules in place but anyone who's been a season ticket for a number of years is likely to remain so if/when things go to shit and needs looking after. Having said that I only missed maybe 2 games a season when I was at uni in Nottingham and we were at withdean so the OP may not have a problem.

You'd like to think so, especially where tickets are held in family groups.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I just hope they will be flexible when my father can no longer go. After all who wants to go on there own. Part of enjoyment is talking about game during and after.

Lush

Mods' Pet
The simple rule is that a season ticket is ONLY to be used only by the person whose name is on the card.

As a concession to children who can't always make every game, the club lets someone else use it six times a season.

And that's it really.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would be interesting to know how many of the regularly-empty STH seats are held by children, but have actually been bought by adults just to secure a seat. Fairly cheap way of guaranteeing a seat (even over a few years as a hedge for promotion) even if you're not planning to use it often.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
This is what happens when the waiting list is 5k strong.

On the other hand, the club have announced a waiting list of 5k and the new ST allocation is 244.

Have the club actually announced a waiting list figure of 5k? If so, can someone point me to the announcement? I did read on here the other day that (if I remember correctly) a director is meant to have told a supporter of this 5k figure; someone else mentioned a figure of 1,000. So has there been any definitive announcement by the club?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I really think the ticket exchange should be promoted more to season ticket holders, it's simple if you can't go put the ticket up on the ticket exchange and give somebody else a chance to go !

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The simple rule is that a season ticket is ONLY to be used only by the person whose name is on the card.

As a concession to children who can't always make every game, the club lets someone else use it six times a season.

And that's it really.

That's exactly right. Maybe the club has made a rod for it's own back, by being lenient and allowing holders to transfer a concessionary ticket to an adult one for an upgrade.

If they had stuck to the simple rule that all tickets are not transferable, this sorry saga, and many others like it, would not have occured.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I really think the ticket exchange should be promoted more to season ticket holders, it's simple if you can't go put the ticket up on the ticket exchange and give somebody else a chance to go !

There was no point previously since he club had its own tickets to sell for most games. The exchange only came into play when those had sold out.

Additionally what the club passed off as a ticket exchange was seemingly highly manual and held together with sticky tape. One would imagine that next season there'll be a proper exchange in place and awareness promoted accordingly.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
Have the club actually announced a waiting list figure of 5k? If so, can someone point me to the announcement? I did read on here the other day that (if I remember correctly) a director is meant to have told a supporter of this 5k figure; someone else mentioned a figure of 1,000. So has there been any definitive announcement by the club?
I know someone who is 4200th on the list.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Tend to agree. Whilst I see both sides, you can have a situation whereby someone has been a STH for 10 years and then because they go to Uni they lose it and go to the back of the queue in the waiting list in 3 years time. The person getting the ticket might be someone who is jumping on the bandwagon and who will disappear just as quick if we get relegated!!!!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
There was no point previously since he club had its own tickets to sell for most games. The exchange only came into play when those had sold out.

Additionally what the club passed off as a ticket exchange was seemingly highly manual and held together with sticky tape. One would imagine that next season there'll be a proper exchange in place and awareness promoted accordingly.

I know, next season hopefully something more apparent will be in place. The club should promote it more, send an e-mail to all season ticket holders advising them that if they can't go then offer ticket up on ticket exchange

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I used to have two season tickets that where both in my name but no 1 and 2. At the beginning of last season or season before I was told I could not have two in same name so put one in sons name. I and he go to most home games but when I can`t go he takes friend and vice versa. I was led to assume this is legal , Anyone think otherwise ??

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Also younger son has under 21 ticket..he is 21 in sept...he has already renewed as U21..will club chase him in OCT for Adult upgrade ??

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The general approach of the ticket office management can be highlighted by a recent experience.
I have two seats at the Amex and recently had to change details on one of them. Through no fault of my own, one of the direct debits failed to go through, even though the following month both went through. I then received a letter from the ticket office manager giving me five days to pay the outstanding amount or the ST would be cancelled immediately and put up for re-sale. Accompanying this letter was a standard FSA brief re debt management and consequences.
I didn't know the original payment ( done over the phone as requested ) hadn't gone through as the account it comes out of is only checked periodically. I paid immediately on receipt of the letter and made my feelings clear to the member of staff that dealt with me. I was livid at the time with this heavy handed approach and now realise that I should have written to PB. It was extremely poor customer relations and shows that there is a level of arrogance in dealing with the fanbase.
( A bit off topic I know but done to demonstrate certain internal attitude )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here