Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket anomaly

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Also younger son has under 21 ticket..he is 21 in sept...he has already renewed as U21..will club chase him in OCT for Adult upgrade ??

Age upgrades, or downgrades, are according to the age of the person at the first game of the season.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Would be interesting to know how many of the regularly-empty STH seats are held by children, but have actually been bought by adults just to secure a seat. Fairly cheap way of guaranteeing a seat (even over a few years as a hedge for promotion) even if you're not planning to use it often.

Judging by where I sit in the family section quite a few people do this!

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
I bought a season ticket for my grandson 18 months ago in the hope that we were in the Premier League with the obvious difficulty of getting a ticket. He is not yet old enough to go to games but his ticket is upgraded occasionally. If the ticket exchange was in use I would be more likely to use it if it offered the money against his next season ticket. To get a store voucher for £5 is not worth the bother.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I bought a season ticket for my grandson 18 months ago in the hope that we were in the Premier League with the obvious difficulty of getting a ticket. He is not yet old enough to go to games but his ticket is upgraded occasionally. If the ticket exchange was in use I would be more likely to use it if it offered the money against his next season ticket. To get a store voucher for £5 is not worth the bother.

Eh?! My daughter isn't yet old enough to go to games but I certainly don't have a ticket for her yet. Can't see there being a major problem getting her one in the long term.

Isn't the littleuns ticket about £5/match anyway?!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Also younger son has under 21 ticket..he is 21 in sept...he has already renewed as U21..will club chase him in OCT for Adult upgrade ??

I'm pretty sure it's based on the age of the child at the start of the season so it will not go up until next season

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
That's because they have plenty of empty seats that need filling.

Which is why I said it's horses for courses. Just seems ironic that a season ticket holder for 5 years at Huddersfield gets to renew for £50 or whatever it was and the OP ( who possibly may well have had a season ticket with his son for 5 years) can't give the club more money by upgrading one!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I,m assuming that these 5,000 people on the waiting list will still want Season Tickets if/when we get relegated from the Premier League ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Tend to agree. Whilst I see both sides, you can have a situation whereby someone has been a STH for 10 years and then because they go to Uni they lose it and go to the back of the queue in the waiting list in 3 years time. The person getting the ticket might be someone who is jumping on the bandwagon and who will disappear just as quick if we get relegated!!!!

Whereas I tend to disagree! All Season Tickets, technically speaking, are 'non transferable', and as l said in an earlier post, the club has made a rod for it's own back, by allowing these upgrades to happen six times a season.

As for wannabee JCL's obtaining a seat from the waiting list, and then giving up on it a season or two later, well that I'm afraid, is their right.

Harsh aren't I?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Whereas I tend to disagree! All Season Tickets, technically speaking, are 'non transferable', and as l said in an earlier post, the club has made a rod for it's own back, by allowing these upgrades to happen six times a season.

As for wannabee JCL's obtaining a seat from the waiting list, and then giving up on it a season or two later, well that I'm afraid, is their right.

Harsh aren't I?

All this nonsense could be avoided if the club introduced t and cs similar to Man Utd.

Sharing with Friends and Family
32. For each home match, a Ticket Holder shall (on a match by match basis) be entitled to lend their Season
Ticket to a friend or a member of their family provided that:
(a) the Ticket Holder: (i) shall be responsible for ensuring that the Authorised User complies with these
terms and conditions as if the Authorised User were the Ticket Holder; and (ii) shall be liable for the
acts and omissions of the Authorised User; and any breach by the Authorised User of these terms
and conditions shall be deemed to be a breach by the Ticket Holder themselves;
(b) the Ticket Holder shall not in any way advertise or market the availability of their Season Ticket on a
loan basis (or otherwise) for any home match;
(c) at the request of the Club, the Ticket Holder shall provide the Club with the name and contact details
of any Authorised User;
(d) Under-16 Ticket Holders and 18-20 Ticket Holders shall only be entitled to lend their Season Ticket
to a friend or a member of their family who is able to provide satisfactory proof of their eligibility to
use the Ticket Holder’s particular category of ticket for the relevant match. The upgrades and
downgrades referred to in paragraph 30 can still be used in such circumstances;
(e) 16-17 Ticket Holders shall only be entitled to lend their Season Ticket to a friend or a member of
their family who is able to provide satisfactory proof of their eligibility to use either: (i) a 16-17 ticket
for the relevant match; or (ii) a 65 & over ticket for the relevant match. The upgrades and
(f) 65 & Over Ticket Holders shall only be entitled to lend their Season Ticket to a friend or a member of
their family who is able to provide satisfactory proof of their eligibility to use either: (i) a 65 & over
ticket for the relevant match; or (ii) a 16-17 ticket for the relevant match The upgrades and
(g) the Ticket Holder shall not be entitled to any part-refund from the Club based on the age of the
Authorised User for any home match; and
(h) where the seat or viewing space allocated to the relevant Ticket Holder’s Season Ticket is an
Eligibility Facility, the provisions of paragraph 33 shall apply.
33. Where the seat or viewing space allocated to the relevant Ticket Holder’s Season Ticket is an Eligibility
Facility, the following provisions shall apply:
(a) if the friend or family member wishes to use the Eligibility Facility, the Ticket Holder must provide the
Club with satisfactory proof of their eligibility to use the Eligibility Facility for that match;
(b) if the Ticket Holder has provided the Club with proof of eligibility for the relevant match in accordance
with paragraph 33(a) then (subject to the other provisions of paragraph 32) the Club shall permit the
friend or family member to use the relevant Eligibility Facility for the match; and
(c) if the Ticket Holder is unable to provide proof of eligibility for the relevant match in accordance with
paragraph 33(a) then (subject to the other provisions of paragraph 32):
(i) the friend or family member shall not be permitted to use the relevant Eligibility Facility for
the match unless the Club communicates otherwise; and
(ii) the Club shall (subject to availability and where the Club is given reasonable notice of the
intended use of the Season Ticket by the friend or family member in advance of the match)
seek to provide an alternative seat for the match in another area of the Stadium for use by
the friend or family member for the match. For the avoidance of doubt, where the Club is
unable to provide an alternative seat: (1) the friend or family member shall not be permitted
to attend the match using the Season Ticket; and (2) the Ticket Holder shall not be entitled to
any pro-rata refund of the price of their Season Ticket.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Is this typical of the empty seats at most games then ?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Lots of choice this morning for the first round on the waiting list. There was over 300 seats to choose from in the North, including pairs.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Have the club actually announced a waiting list figure of 5k? If so, can someone point me to the announcement? I did read on here the other day that (if I remember correctly) a director is meant to have told a supporter of this 5k figure; someone else mentioned a figure of 1,000. So has there been any definitive announcement by the club?

I remember (at least I think I do) an official tweet to that effect. Irrespective, if you attempt to put yourself on the STH waiting list now, you'll see that you'd be 5156 on the list...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Rules are there so people know what SHOULD happen but exceptions should be catered for based on the merit of the argument put forward. To me the OP seems to have earned the right to have first call on the ticket. What the club needs is people who will stick with the club over the years and the Op has proven that.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I remember (at least I think I do) an official tweet to that effect. Irrespective, if you attempt to put yourself on the STH waiting list now, you'll see that you'd be 5156 on the list...

The Argus also reported on Saturday "Their waiting list for season tickets has now gone well past the 5,000 mark.....".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here