Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Bit of a funny smell on here,did somebody fart?Oh no,it's the foul stench of hypocrisy-people bigging up a survey by Ashcroft,but not saying where it's from,and trying to be clever about it.:lolol:

You now appear to be arguing among yourself.

First you cast doubts on reports about Leaver demographics, bewilderingly assuming that only one research company found that Leave voters tended to be older and less educated than Remain voters* and then you proudly present (as evidence of fart-like hypocrisy apparently) a report from one of those companies - an outfit run by Brexiteers' favourite tax-avoider - that shows that, um, Leave voters tended to be older and less educated than Remain voters.

* Just to avoid charges of personal prejudice, I'll point out that I am slap-bang in the middle of the category most likely to have voted Leave. In spite of claims from some Brexiteers claiming the mantle of victimhood, no one is claiming that all Leave voters are older and less educated, or vice versa. A disproportionate number were, that's all.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Still quite niffy on here.
Well I have had a good look but can't find all these other demographic surveys,or any published before Ashcroft,so if they exist at all:laugh: then their findings are hopelessly contaminated by publicity.There are some other interesting 'facts' in their findings,particularly about the jellies that voted remain:

wnkr.jpg

Wonder if any of the flakes go out after dark?:lolol::lolol::lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Mmmmm the hoary old chestnut about Brexit voter demographics and unsourced tittle-tattle about Davis. You can certainly tell when substantive economic data doesn't match the narrative that we are all doomed ...

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Mmmmm the hoary old chestnut about Brexit voter demographics and unsourced tittle-tattle about Davis. You can certainly tell when substantive economic data doesn't match the narrative that we are all doomed ...

I've no idea about the veracity of the Davis stories but are you saying that Brexit demographic data was wrong? At the moment all we have is some bloke from Birmingham going on about farts. (If it makes you feel better about yourself do feel free to indulge in a little random name calling in lieu of an answer - it tells us all we need to know and you probably find it quicker to type.)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I've no idea about the veracity of the Davis stories but are you saying that Brexit demographic data was wrong? At the moment all we have is some bloke from Birmingham going on about farts. (If it makes you feel better about yourself do feel free to indulge in a little random name calling in lieu of an answer - it tells us all we need to know and you probably find it quicker to type.)

Am I saying the Brexit demographic polling is wrong? You should have stopped after the first three words.

Jan 30, 2008
you now appear to be arguing among yourself.

First you cast doubts on reports about leaver demographics, bewilderingly assuming that only one research company found that leave voters tended to be older and less educated than remain voters* and then you proudly present (as evidence of fart-like hypocrisy apparently) a report from one of those companies - an outfit run by brexiteers' favourite tax-avoider - that shows that, um, leave voters tended to be older and less educated than remain voters.

* just to avoid charges of personal prejudice, i'll point out that i am slap-bang in the middle of the category most likely to have voted leave. In spite of claims from some brexiteers claiming the mantle of victimhood, no one is claiming that all leave voters are older and less educated, or vice versa. A disproportionate number were, that's all.
who give a monkeys what you think ,we're leaving :thumbsup:
regards
DR

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looks like the Irish have us over a barrel

I can just imagine the pressure the EU big wigs will put on Ireland if 26 agree to a really good deal (for both sides) and the Irish try to block it. They'll probably make them have a series of referendums over it until they get the 'right /' answer. It's the EU way - and why we're leaving.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think we have actually come to that point where you are making more sense than [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

We both contribute more to this thread than you ever have,and even GregBrighton made more sense than you seem to.Perhaps you should invite your other persona to comment.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hopefully the Irish will save us a great deal of money,then we will have some to bail out their tin-pot economy again.Veto please,Leo:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here