Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March - Southampton

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Only really worth discussing if the club were to re invest the money.

If so, I'd take £5m
March will be worth way more than that one day IMO. He's the most talented youngster we have by a mile and Southampton have a massive war chest. Unless they offer stupid money(10m+) we must not sell him, if March were to leave that would raise serious questions about our ambition & just what is going on financially right now

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Match will be worth way more than that one day IMO. He's the most talented youngster we have by a mile and Southampton have a massive war chest. Unless they offer stupid money(10m+) we must not sell him, if March were to leave that would raise serious questions about our ambition & just what is going on financially right now

Nathan Redmond going for £6m from Norwich who is a far far better player, maybe March will be worth more in the future but maybe he won't. He certainly isn't worth £5m yet

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
would love it,if all the posters on here that keep saying right ive had enough,
do something about it!!,dont follow the club ,the club dont need so called fans like you zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Completely agree with this and posted similar on another thread, I dont support BHA because of who we buy and who we sell what league we are in or who is in charge. I support the club because its in my DNA. I just cant help it.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
wasn't having a dig, honest ! Yes, he recently signed a contract, but what do they count for nowadays ? He's an England U21 (for what that's worth!), and would maybe appeal to a Prem club. I managed his dad at U18 level and he had itchy feet. No problem with that, if he's going to better himself.

No, it's fine. Am not convinced that moving to a PL team at this stage is bettering himself though. Yes, he will be training with better quality players but he will not get to play much, if at all. He will probably end up getting loaned out to a Championship team, so better off staying here I would say. **Rose Tinted Specs alert**

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Maybe he has a release clause in the new contract ,we just don't know ,and the club would be powerless to prevent him leaving. My only hope that the release £ is at least 5ml,with add-ons.......That life it seems when the Premiership come calling.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Firstly, I'm confident that 3 or 4 quality players will arrive before the transfer window closes. Therefore I'll only start worrying after that.
However if a Premier League side did come in for Solly March he would obviously have a price that would eventually make us release him. But what is that price, £5m? £10m? £15m?
I would imagine that if someone offered £10m+ it would be getting to the point that it would be hard to decline for a promising but unproven championship youngster.

£5m? Tell them to poke it!

How are people coming up with a value of 10m, he is young yes and has talent yes, and could progress yes. However the football league is littered with so called wonder kids, some now available on freebies. I am afraid Southampton may know he has a release clause and come in with 3m plus add on's. I hope I am wrong because this is getting silly and I can seriously see Sami walking and a season of bed wetting.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
No, it's fine. Am not convinced that moving to a PL team at this stage is bettering himself though. Yes, he will be training with better quality players but he will not get to play much, if at all. He will probably end up getting loaned out to a Championship team, so better off staying here I would say. **Rose Tinted Specs alert**

If we sell him , lets have him back on loan !

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We are going to smash FFP. Reckon we could post a £5m profit. Top of the FFP league, bottom of the actual league [emoji23]

In which case Barber will have hit his objectives but Burke and whoever is our manager by the end of the season will have failed to hit theirs!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Southampton very rarely loan out their young players. They prefer to develop them in house, and fast track them to the first team.

From memory, they've brought the following through in the last few years:

Walcott
Oxlaide-C
Gallagher
Shaw
Ward-Prowse
Chambers

I don't recall any of them going out on loan before playing for Saints.

(There are exceptions - Isgrove, is one)

L

litmanen

I just got my Brighton kit delivered to Finland with Solly's name. He can't leave!

And it would be terrible business to sell him now, because he has so much potential to become even better. If he is now worth...lets say 2 million, after a year or two he will be worth 4 million.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Southampton very rarely loan out their young players. They prefer to develop them in house, and fast track them to the first team.

Walcott
Oxlaide-C
Gallagher
Shaw
Ward-Prowse
Chambers

Bale....!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Walcott
Oxlaide-C
Gallagher
Shaw
Ward-Prowse
Chambers

Adam Lallana?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Walcott
Oxlaide-C
Gallagher
Shaw
Ward-Prowse
Chambers

All too true, sadly.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Solly leaving
Club in financial trouble
Sami leaving

Amazing how many insiders we have on this forum, isn't it?

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Solly leaving
Club in financial trouble
Sami leaving

Amazing how many insiders we have on this forum, isn't it?

But what do they say about enough monkeys with enough keyboards, one of them has to be true… or maybe people just crave attention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here