Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo v Stockdale

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Stockdale is current (ly enjoying the "no beer less than 48 hours before a game" rule, allegedly - I have no proof and it's meant as a joke). I'm Team Stockdale.

I imagine a lot of people are tonight relaxing more than they have in a while, based on the team finally being virtually guaranteed of safety. Letting off steam/stress is to be expected I'd say.

Leave them to it. :whistle:

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Funnily I was called a legend by someone i don't even know or follow on twitter today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Both of them are looking like dicks in this little spat.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Oh great 2 saves , do you want me to list all his mistakes that have cost goals and points . By the way he is meant to be a keeper LOL and make the odd save , and in Stockdale case it is the odd save

And you'll also find that goalkeepers concede goals. We all know you don't like Stockdale, and as is the case you continue to beat the drum about it. It's boring pal, we all know he hasn't been perfect but what's the point in casually discarding the good stuff he's done just to bang on about his mistakes.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Oh great 2 saves , do you want me to list all his mistakes that have cost goals and points . By the way he is meant to be a keeper LOL and make the odd save , and in Stockdale case it is the odd save

I assume you called for PIG to be let go when he made howlers (Let's not re-write history here, LOL.)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I am unaware of the facts surrounding PIG, but have heard the usual tittle-tattle. Overall they are similar in many respects with iffy kicking, but if we're getting down to nitty-gritty, wouldn't things have been different if PIG hadn't dropped his clanger v Brum?

Keepers are expected to make 2 or 3 errors a season so I think that's harsh. Stockdale has made at least 10 I think that have lead to goals or been poor in goals we've conceded. All opinions but I don't think he's done well at all...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"Convincing Celtic to splash out £1.5 million for him is up there, I think, with the greatest confidence tricks of all time."

I guess Fulham must be saying the same about us splashing the cash on Stockdale

The Fulham fans I know all rated him. Not the very best but pretty good.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was a deflection from Stephens which distorted the flight of the ball.

Deflection or no deflection it wasn't traveling fast and he got 2 hands to it but couldn't handle the spin and palmed it into the goal. Don't believe everything he says on Twitter - he's got too much to say at the mo IMO...

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Keepers are expected to make 2 or 3 errors a season so I think that's harsh. Stockdale has made at least 10 I think that have lead to goals or been poor in goals we've conceded. All opinions but I don't think he's done well at all...

Aaah well, I think he's won us many more points than he's lost us this season. Magnified by a lack of goals scored, I think he has played a major part in keeping us up overall. I'll take that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh well at least people are putting their respective opinions out there in a fairly nice manner for this debate - exactly what NSC should be...

I do find some people talk players up a lot more while they're playing for us and then quickly change their opinion when they move on (I think we are all guilty of this to different degrees).

I don't think people give Kusch the credit he deserved as was v solid on the whole. Stockdale hasn't been yet although I do think he has potential to do well - and he obviously cares about his job a lot...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Aaah well, I think he's won us many more points than he's lost us this season. Magnified by a lack of goals scored, I think he has played a major part in keeping us up overall. I'll take that.

I must say your 'magnified by a lack of goals scored' point is an extremely good one and one I hadn't particularly considered pal so fair play for that :thumbsup:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I must say your 'magnified by a lack of goals scored' point is an extremely good one and one I hadn't particularly considered pal so fair play for that :thumbsup:

I do think that had we put the ball in the net occasionally, his great saves would be remembered, not his gaffs.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Oh well at least people are putting their respective opinions out there in a fairly nice manner for this debate - exactly what NSC should be...

I do find some people talk players up a lot more while they're playing for us and then quickly change their opinion when they move on (I think we are all guilty of this to different degrees).

I don't think people give Kusch the credit he deserved as was v solid on the whole. Stockdale hasn't been yet although I do think he has potential to do well - and he obviously cares about his job a lot...

Completely agree with this. Personally I don't think Stockdale is a bad keeper, but I think he's had a poor season on the whole, and in my opinion his defenders on here are - perhaps understandably - overcompensating for the criticism he's received.

But I really get annoyed with some of the revisionism on TK: he was superb for us and the idea that he was anything other than excellent is misguided.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Deflection or no deflection it wasn't traveling fast and he got 2 hands to it but couldn't handle the spin and palmed it into the goal. Don't believe everything he says on Twitter - he's got too much to say at the mo IMO...
I was at the game, he was positioned for the shot, it deflected off of Stephens heel, through Stockdale trying to adjust his arms to Pearce, who nodded it in.

I'm not stupid enough to believe players or pundits but form my own opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here