Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Should be fine for KV I reckon but the sound was a mess for Deerhunter in October I hear. Dry bar as well so sneak a hip flask in if that bothers you.

Or take a bottle of water and get it converted into wine?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Allegedly when Mark Kozelek played at All Saints he heard the support act soundchecking (some local band) and told them to piss off because he thought they were shit.

There wasn't a support act and the people on the door/ promoter were somewhat sheepish.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Off to see The Maccabees in a minute. That may not excite many of you, but me and Mrs Mahone love 'em.

Built to Spill on Thursday, too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Off to see The Maccabees in a minute. That may not excite many of you, but me and Mrs Mahone love 'em.

Built to Spill on Thursday, too.

Enjoy. Coincidentally I've been listen to Marks to Prove it today.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just bought tix for Ulrich Schnauss in Oxford. I can't wait!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Tempting fate, but I just got a ticket for: Calvin 'Beat Happening' Johnson with support from Amelia Fletcher OBE's current combo 'The Catenary Wires' at The Railway Club on Monday night

(this should probably be in the C86 thread)

Which was rather good. Additional undercard of 'The Sticks' who evidently included and erstwhile 'Pooh Stick' who delivered some Ten Bensonish entertainment. Calvin Johnson was glorious.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Which was rather good. Additional undercard of 'The Sticks' who evidently included and erstwhile 'Pooh Stick' who delivered some Ten Bensonish entertainment. Calvin Johnson was glorious.

Glad you made it. Where is the Railway Club exactly?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Excellent tonight, HT. Even more celebratory than Berlin. And we weren't the only 'older' people there, which was nice.

Due to family connections I got free tickets and thought they were pretty good, like the direction they are going in with the new album. Not really my type of music but you've got to respect a band still going after 10 years when most of their contemporaries bottomed out years ago.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Due to family connections I got free tickets and thought they were pretty good, like the direction they are going in with the new album. Not really my type of music but you've got to respect a band still going after 10 years when most of their contemporaries bottomed out years ago.

I agree about their new album - I think it's their best. Always liked them though.

As an aside, I believe it may have been you that 'introduced' me to Built to Spill on the albums thread. Thanks for that - really looking forward to seeing them at The Concorde on Thursday. :cheers:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I agree about their new album - I think it's their best. Always liked them though.

As an aside, I believe it may have been you that 'introduced' me to Built to Spill on the albums thread. Thanks for that - really looking forward to seeing them at The Concorde on Thursday. :cheers:

Hope you enjoy it!

Is anyone going to the Mutations Festival? I only want to see Ought on Sunday, debating on whether it's worth the £31.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Ok, I know there's been a bit of griping about Mutations (mostly from me!) and I still think the Sunday looks vastly superior to the Saturday.

However, it's a music festival featuring some seriously good acts on our doorstep. I did a small preview with some tips and videos for them below. Two bad clashes for me Merlin Tonto vs Vision Fortune (I never turn down a chance to see Merlin Tonto and this will be no different) and Om vs Jane Weaver (erring to Om as I've never seen them and it's a bit more of an event. Jane Weaver'll be back soon.)

http://www.brightonnoise.co.uk/preview/?p=108209

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Lonely the Brave at the Haunt for me tonight, followed by Slayer/Anthrax at Brixton monday and then err.....Anthrax at the Concorde tuesday.

Later in the month Gorgoroth/Kampfar/Gehenna in Tufnell Park and I'm also at the BSP Christmas Krankenhaus show

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lonely the Brave at the Haunt for me tonight, followed by Slayer/Anthrax at Brixton monday and then err.....Anthrax at the Concorde tuesday.

Later in the month Gorgoroth/Kampfar/Gehenna in Tufnell Park and I'm also at the BSP Christmas Krankenhaus show

Enjoy Brixton. Saw this tour the other week. Slayer are as brutal and ferocious as when I first clapped eyes on them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Karl Bartos last night. John Grant tomorrow. Motörhead Friday.

Jul 7, 2003
Karl Bartos last night. John Grant tomorrow. Motörhead Friday.

Think you'll need to make the most of Motorhead - I have a feeling that this could be their last tour with Lemmy's continuing health issues. I just hope he releases that solo album before he shuffles off to the underworld.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here