Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
70's Punk band The Rezillos play at Concorde 2 Saturday night. Support from excellent up and coming all girl punksters The Tuts

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Tempting fate, but I just got a ticket for: Calvin 'Beat Happening' Johnson with support from Amelia Fletcher OBE's current combo 'The Catenary Wires' at The Railway Club on Monday night

(this should probably be in the C86 thread)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Tempting fate, but I just got a ticket for: Calvin 'Beat Happening' Johnson with support from Amelia Fletcher OBE's current combo 'The Catenary Wires' at The Railway Club on Monday night

There's a fair few of us routing for you to get there and have a fine time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Went to a very pleasant gig at the Marwood Cafe last night, first time I've seen any live music there. The upstairs room is quite a delight and a perfect setting for folky type shows. Matthew the Oxx headlined and played completely unplugged in the centre of the room. if you are a fan of quirky English folk music I heartily recommend his albums Elephant and First Aid for the Drowning.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Hope you enjoy it. I saw The Catenary Wires play live at a showing of the Sarah Records film and thought they were great.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Just bought tickets for Kurt Vile at all Saints Church in March.

Not been there before, anyone been to a gig there ?

yep, saw Mark Kozelek there a couple of years ago .... very echoey and the bar was shit.

As an aside, that night Steve Mason was at the Concorde and Grant Hart was at The Hope. Dumbarse ****ing promoters .... that's a festival line up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here