Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
was thinking more in the far east.korea or south china sea..maybe not,but the eu.......20% lost revenue within 2 years...could happen,like you say others might wish to exit too

My reading is along the lines if you wave a big stick at NK it will roll over for belly rubs, as for china you could be on to something. They have been building artificial islands in the South china Seas, but still, the combined tonnage in the water of China and Russia combined is half that of the USA alone before you count most countries in the region being pro usa. I think china will push it but not to far.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why would anyone want to fly TO Europe after 2019 ? After all everything will be so wonderful here there will be no need.....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
My reading is along the lines if you wave a big stick at NK it will roll over for belly rubs, as for china you could be on to something. They have been building artificial islands in the South china Seas, but still, the combined tonnage in the water of China and Russia combined is half that of the USA alone before you count most countries in the region being pro usa. I think china will push it but not to far.

Lets hope so.... Montenegro now the 29th member of Nato soon,it's all happening.....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why would anyone want to fly TO Europe after 2019 ? After all everything will be so wonderful here there will be no need.....

Might be cheaper to go further afield,new horizons..

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Way to go Theresa, so this is what you meant by keeping our cards close to our chest before negotiations start, just a couple of days in and, just as the European politicians are after our blood, we blackmail them.
You give us a decent trade deal or we wont help protect your citizens from terrorism, yep, that is real negotiation.
It can only indicate that they know they are going to struggle to get a trade deal as we have played our only trump card so early on in the game, and it will be bluffed.
Surely you only play that card as a last resort if you look like losing the game.
The Europeans, who were unhappy will now be furious, our shower of politicians are incompetent fools.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Way to go Theresa, so this is what you meant by keeping our cards close to our chest before negotiations start, just a couple of days in and, just as the European politicians are after our blood, we blackmail them.
You give us a decent trade deal or we wont help protect your citizens from terrorism, yep, that is real negotiation.
It can only indicate that they know they are going to struggle to get a trade deal as we have played our only trump card so early on in the game, and it will be bluffed.
Surely you only play that card as a last resort if you look like losing the game.
The Europeans, who were unhappy will now be furious, our shower of politicians are incompetent fools.

a week is a long time in politics.....yet alone 2 years.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
There is no chance the rift will be fixed, Just look at this thread.

Oh, I wouldn't be so pessimistic. This thread is mainly populated by fervent leavers and remainers plus a few wind-up merchants. Out in the real world, most people have accepted the result and are getting on with their lives.

#together

:salute:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Oh, I wouldn't be so pessimistic. This thread is mainly populated by fervent leavers and remainers plus a few wind-up merchants. Out in the real world, most people have accepted the result and are getting on with their lives.

#together

We still don't know the result really, do we?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Agree. That was a new low for the Tory party.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

#together

Maybe I live in a very rarified virtual world but my experience is that most of us have moved through shock, depression and the real anger has only just started .

We always suspected that those managing this in government were mediocre, cynical opportunists but the performance this week has shown that they possess no moral compass and minimal amounts of actual tactical awareness or basic competence.

As they move from being self-proclaimed rebels to the new ‘establishment’ the leave supporters have displayed a total absence of any vision for the future and a total absence of the mental bandwidth needed to process the complexity of the process they have initiated. You see nothing but clichés, generalisations and a desperate search for a combative headline to mask the mess they have created.

We are angry that these people have gambled our children’s future; that many still treat this like a game and that the reputation of this country is plummeting.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Maybe I live in a very rarified virtual world but my experience is that most of us have moved through shock, depression and the real anger has only just started .

We always suspected that those managing this in government were mediocre, cynical opportunists but the performance this week has shown that they possess no moral compass and minimal amounts of actual tactical awareness or basic competence.

As they move from being self-proclaimed rebels to the new ‘establishment’ the leave supporters have displayed a total absence of any vision for the future and a total absence of the mental bandwidth needed to process the complexity of the process they have initiated. You see nothing but clichés, generalisations and a desperate search for a combative headline to mask the mess they have created.

We are angry that these people have gambled our children’s future; that many still treat this like a game and that the reputation of this country is plummeting.

This sums the whole mess up nicely. It will all be fine a couple of generations down the line of course as we are a resilient bunch and will find new opportunities but the next generation are royally f*cked.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Exactly the journey I have taken. And more and more of the people I know are getting more vocal about it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

This has to be the best post on this thread.
As a reluctant remainer this is exactly why I voted remain, I just don't trust our lot to get it right, they are truly hopeless in Government.
Early days but my fears are coming home to roost already.
David Davies is already hiding the obvious with lies and twisting the facts, they are incapable of just being straight with anyone about anything.
Thanks a bunch Cameron.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Very well put. And this is how I feel. The fight back has only just begun.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This sums the whole mess up nicely. It will all be fine a couple of generations down the line of course as we are a resilient bunch and will find new opportunities but the next generation are royally f*cked.

And a mess it is. Britain is an angry and divided mess at the moment. Maybe the governments of the various days should have looked into what unites us and travelled down whatever road that was instead of unleashing this Brexit chaos which clearly has divided and is tearing apart the nation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here