Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farage stays as UKIP leader after resignation rejected

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not a bad start to the next 5 years of laughing at them, and its only week 1

I'm starting to admire Carswell a little bit for his actions in refusing to take on unnecessary staff just to spend the cash windfall they have been given. However, what chance does a man of principles have in UKIP given the Farage resignation farce ? I think he might jump and sit as an independent putting UKIP right back to square one, then we will have 5 more years of Nige desperately keeping the plates spinning while holding on to supreme power. ... it's going to be a fun filled few years !

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
UKIP are at a crossroads. People who now believe in the party, want to take it further and appeal to more people.
UKIP are attracting a younger audience too http://www.youngindependence.org.uk/

Eh? On the basis of UKIP having a Young Kipper page? If thats the case, Im guessing all the parties are attracting younger audiences.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm starting to admire Carswell a little bit for his actions in refusing to take on unnecessary staff just to spend the cash windfall they have been given. However, what chance does a man of principles have in UKIP given the Farage resignation farce ? I think he might jump and sit as an independent putting UKIP right back to square one, then we will have 5 more years of Nige desperately keeping the plates spinning while holding on to supreme power. ... it's going to be a fun filled few years !

Nailed on.

Think I saw something about Carswell staying UKIP, which will make it interesting.

D

Deleted member 22389

Eh? On the basis of UKIP having a Young Kipper page? If thats the case, Im guessing all the parties are attracting younger audiences.

You have always said UKIP is full of old people, so I'm showing you a different side to UKIP.
Also the opportunities for young people to progress through UKIP if they have an interest in Politics are far greater than the other parties, because UKIP are still a relatively small party.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Nigel Farage has become a "snarling, thin-skinned, aggressive" man who is turning Ukip into a "personality cult", the party's campaign chief has said in a blistering attack on his leader.

Ah...that little frisson of envy that we all need in our lives. If he had a fraction of the charisma of Nige then UKIP would be all the better for it.
Farage is a magnificent beast, prowling and growling, pouncing and flouncing and charming and smarming. He carries the party alone, bestriding the political world like a colossus. Singularly, the most exciting thing around amongst the faceless party line-towers.
The king is dead. Long live the king.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ah...that little frisson of envy that we all need in our lives. If he had a fraction of the charisma of Nige then UKIP would be all the better for it.
Farage is a magnificent beast, prowling and growling, pouncing and flouncing and charming and smarming. He carries the party alone, bestriding the political world like a colossus. Singularly, the most exciting thing around amongst the faceless party line-towers.
The king is dead. Long live the king.

And therein lies the key problem, it is a personality cult, Farage can't let go of complete control in case he is marginalised. He is there best hope and their Achilles heel.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
And therein lies the key problem, it is a personality cult, Farage can't let go of complete control in case he is marginalised. He is there best hope and their Achilles heel.

Totally agree with this. UKIPs problem is Farage won't tolerate any threat to his domination of the party, so you see this pattern of senior party members being driven out by Chairman Nige and the brown-nosing sycophants he surronds himself with.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I thought you stated that Carswell was leaving ukip
You seemed to be getting quite excited, best to wait and see really.

There were indications he might, he still may leave. At the moment, I would rather he stayed. I see some comedy ahead.
One seat....No seats... not a big deal really, but internal power struggles are always interesting, and in UKIP's case, always potentially funny.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

It's fun to watch the UKIP post-election fall-out but I too find Carswell admirable, unlike the rest. I have no time for the libertarian right but there are certain figures, Carswell and also one of our MEPs Daniel Hannan, who articulate their case in a genuine, engaged, forceful yet intelligent manner.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Ukip in turmoil as former party treasurer says Farage should resign

Nigel Farage, the Ukip leader, is facing a “coup” after the party’s treasurer and one of its biggest donors called for a leadership contest.

Stuart Wheeler, who has given hundreds of thousands of pounds to the party, said he would like to see Farage stand aside and face a vote. The Ukip leader briefly stepped down after failing to win his South Thanet target seat but then withdrew his resignation four days later, saying the national executive had overwhelmingly wanted him to stay.

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live, Wheeler said it was “time for something quieter” in terms of the Ukip leadership. He said he thought Farage was exhausted, in pain from back problems and should have remained resigned at least until a new contest could be held in the autumn."

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
"Ukip in turmoil as former party treasurer says Farage should resign

Nigel Farage, the Ukip leader, is facing a “coup” after the party’s treasurer and one of its biggest donors called for a leadership contest.

Stuart Wheeler, who has given hundreds of thousands of pounds to the party, said he would like to see Farage stand aside and face a vote. The Ukip leader briefly stepped down after failing to win his South Thanet target seat but then withdrew his resignation four days later, saying the national executive had overwhelmingly wanted him to stay.

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live, Wheeler said it was “time for something quieter” in terms of the Ukip leadership. He said he thought Farage was exhausted, in pain from back problems and should have remained resigned at least until a new contest could be held in the autumn."
Bbc are hardly impartial when commenting on UKIP considering one of their manifesto pledges was to significantly cut down the organisation.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Bbc are hardly impartial when commenting on UKIP considering one of their manifesto pledges was to significantly cut down the organisation.

Eh? What has the BBC got to do with a UKIP internal dogfight? With one MP, im fairly sure the BBC couldnt give a toss what UKIPs pledges were anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here