Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray red card appeal REJECTED

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Can only wonder at the decision making process. Literally lost for words. I think they should be made to publish their logic for such decisions. Totally flabergasted

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The neutrals in the office were pretty much agreed that it was a yellow card offence at worst.

The fact we saved the pen and won the game, shouldn't influence the decision, but I suspect it has.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are not Newcastle so of course our cards won't be overturned.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Doesn't surprise me at all, if it were a Newcastle player might have been a different outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No, it WOULD have been a different outcome.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
It only proves IMO that you need 4 strikers any of which,you are happy to play,(Like our 4 main midfielders ).Manu /O Grady it seems ,whatever CH might say ,just didn't make the grade.I am sure we are trying to get one in.I am not sure i want to hear any excuses .......!!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well, that ball was travelling at speed, certainly on target and Stockdale would have been unsighted by Murray, so if Glenn had ducked out of the way it would likely have gone in. Think we should thank him for the three points, be grateful his face wasn't rearranged and know we have enough to beat Cardiff without him

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Would Hughton try and push for the game to be cancelled tomorrow if there is a bit of fog floating about?
Or would he rather get the game over and done with, without Murray?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ really thought that would be overturned lol
Close range and protecting his face...if his hands wearnt there it would've hit his head or gone over the bar or stockdale would've got it.
Terrible decision as it wasn't a deliberate hand ball and nothing but basic instinct when protecting yourself.....bunch of facking cretins for the 2nd time.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Would Hughton try and push for the game to be cancelled tomorrow if there is a bit of fog floating about?

Good question.

Get the game done and out of the way I suspect.
No guarantee we would beat Cardiff at home even with Sam and Glenn available.

Hemed + any one from March/Murphy/Towell/Skalak should be good enough.
It's a lot better than our options this time last season..

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
72f981deb51634ca9e220af36da05ce7.gif

Hey-ho.....battle a victory in the South Downs fog tomorrow and it's all forgotten. Move on.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Not surprised by the decision, thought at the time that it could have been a red or a yellow. You can make arguments either way. Unless there is conclusive evidence the ref has made a mistake (which i don't think there was) the fa aren't going to g against the ref's opinion.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
So Tomer will be in tomorrow with whoever is fit / available. It will be interesting to see if CH starts Murray against Lincoln on Saturday.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

He will want the game played, there is already an Argus article about CH fearing fixture congestion if we have to play a 4th round replay against Lincoln, he won't want the Cardiff game postponed.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
He will want the game played, there is already an Argus article about CH fearing fixture congestion if we have to play a 4th round replay against Lincoln, he won't want the Cardiff game postponed.

I also read that earlier.
But are 3 points more likely WITH Baldock and Glen available, albeit fixture congestion?
Or can Hemed plus A.N do the job tomorrow night?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Also Reading would play 3 games before we next kick a ball, which could turn our lead into games in hand and we're back in the pack. Not good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here