Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(Riverside) Mike Dean

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Briefly? You really don't need to see it for that long, get off the fence!!

Yes, briefly. And in real time. And I'm not a qualified referee. The fence is the appropriate place. Anywhere else and I'd have to be wearing blue and white tinted glasses!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
He cut him badly. A very very nasty cut.

... But I've seen so many of those. His foot wasn't high, it genuinely was an accident. He got the ball and tried to keep his studs down.

He gave the red because he saw the cut and had just talked to the two of them moments earlier. An absolute textbook case of contextual refereeing. ****ing irritating in the extreme.

Toongull

Jul 25, 2008
Hadrian's Wall
He was a TOTAL joke. They always put Prem refs on these big games and most of the time they're abysmal. We WERE robbed [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure they always have a Premership referee for the play off final too.

Last season it was..... Mike Dean of all people

Jimmy Grimble

This decision is one of probably tens of thousands of decisions, from training decisions, team selections, tactics, pre-match approach, through to in game decisions (play it long, short, cross it high, low, power, placement, shoot it, pass it left, pass it right, pass it back, take it on), substitutions, instructions and so on. ALL of these decisions come together to decide a match.

You cannot take one of those decisions and say that is the whole reason for the result.

Did it affect the game? Yes. Did it decide the game? No.

Give it a rest mate. You think you're the voice of reason but you chat the most banal, robotic shit sometimes.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
He is unreal and ran the show before ur player, tried to take out the best player on the pitch off.

Don't matter now we are up :)

Oh do f*ck off. I have had enough of Middlesbrough and Burnley fan's opinions to last a lifetime.

Had we won today the very last thing I would have done by is to go on another teams message board. Mind you I don't live in a grim northern shithole like you and Burnley fans do.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He cut him badly. A very very nasty cut.

... But I've seen so many of those. His foot wasn't high, it genuinely was an accident. He got the ball and tried to keep his studs down.

He gave the red because he saw the cut and had just talked to the two of them moments earlier. An absolute textbook case of contextual refereeing. ****ing irritating in the extreme.

Hughton, in his interview, said it was the linesman who made the decision. We are appealing it as well.

http://www.player.seagulls.co.uk/latest-news/c06d6194-b604-4d10-8d5c-a78991772206

If this was the case he may have just seen Stephens leap into it with both feet off the ground, and wouldn't have known if he got the ball or not.

It's a shame but the refs don't have the benefit of replays. It's harsh but this will always happen until they do.

If the boot was on the other foot we would take it.

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
If I'm going to get a ban so be it. Ref was a total **** today and we were by far the better team. Dirty northern scum penned some of our fans in at there hotel after there promotion. What the **** , wanders.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
No, but I am sure this will be discussed later.

As others have mentioned though, he wasn't wearing shin pads so I don't know if this would be part of Stephens appeal? Nasty gash but I don't have any sympathy for him in hindsight.

Q) arnt the referees /officials meant to check all players are wearing shinpads before the game ???

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Hughton, in his interview, said it was the linesman who made the decision.

http://www.player.seagulls.co.uk/latest-news/c06d6194-b604-4d10-8d5c-a78991772206

If this was the case he may have just seen Stephens leap into it with both feet off the ground, and wouldn't have known if he got the ball or not.

It's a shame but the refs don't have the benefit of replays. It's harsh but this will always happen until they do.

If the boot was on the other foot we would take it.

The ref was within 3 feet of the incident so if he cannot judge the situation better than a linesman on the other side of the pitch he is not fit to perform his role. The fact is he DID see it and warranted it a yellow card offence up until he buckled under the pressure of the Boro players surrounding him. And this weakness shown from one of our alleged 'top referees'

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Breaking the skin, that's got to be the saddest comment this year. My daughter just fell over in the garden and grazed her knee, I'll call the police!!

All I'm saying is I doubt the club will choose to appeal. And if we do, I'll be surprised if the FA does anything more than sweet FA if we did appeal.

A grazed knee is not the same as the injury you saw in the game. Don't belittle my comment just because it suits your rose-tinted agenda. What happened, happened and we will just have to manage without a key player going into the play-offs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Q) arnt the referees /officials meant to check all players are wearing shinpads before the game ???

Ramirez was wearing shin pads. Small and low down.

0338780c9b2e7955a4397efac1340824.jpg

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
All I'm saying is I doubt the club will choose to appeal. And if we do, I'll be surprised if the FA does anything more than sweet FA if we did appeal.

A grazed knee is not the same as the injury you saw in the game. Don't belittle my comment just because it suits your rose-tinted agenda. What happened, happened and we will just have to manage without a key player going into the play-offs.
The club are appealing.

But we all know the FA won't take back the red card.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Yes, briefly. And in real time. And I'm not a qualified referee. The fence is the appropriate place. Anywhere else and I'd have to be wearing blue and white tinted glasses!

I don't mean to be rude but if you've seen it briefly you have seen enough, you really don't need to be a qualified ref or BHA supporter with ROSE TINTED (you patronising fool). Sit down watch it with any sound or commentary turned off and come back and tell me it's a red card.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here