Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever done any voluntary work?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
When I was made redundant in 2011, having qualified volunteer coach experience meant I was able to do some paid coaching in schools/clubs which helped tide me over whilst I was setting up my own business. Volunteering is often helpful for the world of work/CVs.

PG

Too right mate, its might not be the rest paid work but its good fun and rewarding. I coach all different sports now and also do alot of disabilty work, so its pretty varied.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I worked one summer in a Cancer Research shop. Was the youngest employee by about 40 years. Got lots and lots of cups of tea made for me and was fed far too many chocolate biscuits. Lovely stuff.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I've been a Trustee and Treasurer for a small charity. If you have any finance or management skills charities are always on the lookout for help.
I am also on the local Parish Council (although unpaid it doesn't technically count as being a volunteer even though it feels like it). I get to know about things happening where I live and sometimes can even help to make decisions about what is going on in the area.
I also help out when the local youth club are short of their regular volunteer helpers.

kjgood

Yes over the years done a few things:

* Coached mini, junior and under 16's football.

* Was a Hospital Radio Presenter (Pop pickers)

* Was Deputy Chair and Treasurer of a Hospital Trust League of Friends

* Currently sit on the Development Committee of the Princes Trust Cymru

Its worth every minute of the time given, as the most important thing you can give is YOUR TIME.

Last edited:

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I've recently done a little bit of voluntary work (and will hopefully do more in the future) for the Refugee Welcome Trust which aims to reunited refugees with their families.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
due to go and meet with the local branch of the samaritans to see if that would be a good 'fit' for all parties concerned....

Now there's an important job. Good luck with that :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Although I was a paid qualified youth worker, I did a fair bit of extra voluntary work. I coached a volleyball team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here