Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Made In HEAVEN For The Last Home Game? (Assuming All Goes Well From Here On In)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gareth Malone has a lot to answer for. There was a mixed choir screeching out in The Martlets Centre Burgess Hill recently, I thought it was awful that was only my opinion but no doubt some people liked it. It takes all to make our world. Just to clarify I love operatic music but not when sung by choirs whether they be all male all female or mixed. I think the only exception would be Men of Harlech sung by a welsh male choir.

I won't bother inviting you to be in the audience with the three choirs I sing in, or invite you to the royal Albert hall for a concert I am singing in then.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I won't bother inviting you to be in the audience with the three choirs I sing in, or invite you to the royal Albert hall for a concert I am singing in then.

You doing the Brighton festival again this year? Really enjoyed the one I went to before.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

As I have said it wouldnt do for us all to like the same and if you enjoy doing it I would never try to persuade you otherwise but I personally wouldnt want it at The Amex. I was put off choirs as a choirboy singing The Crucifixtion for what seemed hours on end in church on Good Fridays.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As I have said it wouldnt do for us all to like the same and if you enjoy doing it I would never try to persuade you otherwise but I personally wouldnt want it at The Amex. I was put off choirs as a choirboy singing The Crucifixtion for what seemed hours on end in church on Good Fridays.

you sang Stainer's Crucifixion? That is a masterful piece of work. I have sung it three times. Although to be honest I prefer Mendelssohn's Solemn Vespers in the original coptic Russian....hours of practice pays off

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Fling wide the gates! etc...

If it was taking hours you were singing far too slowly :)

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
OP - this a cracker of an idea. I've heard them and they are great. Give Barber a nudge eh?

I could certainly live with the nostalgia of a brass band for "Sussex by the Sea" too.

But Ring of Fire? Nah. Has nothing to do with our club at all. Just don't understand why Barber introduced it. *shrugs*

Every game I stand and sing the PROPER words to "Sussex by the Sea" with all the volume I can muster. Ring of Fire? Yer 'aving a larf son!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
OP - this a cracker of an idea. I've heard them and they are great. Give Barber a nudge eh?

I could certainly live with the nostalgia of a brass band for "Sussex by the Sea" too.

But Ring of Fire? Nah. Has nothing to do with our club at all. Just don't understand why Barber introduced it. *shrugs*

Every game I stand and sing the PROPER words to "Sussex by the Sea" with all the volume I can muster. Ring of Fire? Yer 'aving a larf son!

Ring of Fire started at Fulham when we were in the relegation zone, with Jonesy as caretaker manager. We won that game, and it took off. We haven't looked back since.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

'Ring of Fire' and 'I'm On My Way' have equal value at the Albion insofar as they have nothing AND everything to do with us.

'Nothing' because their origins are nothing remotely to do with Brighton, the Albion or football.

'Everything' because over the past two or three seasons, these have been belted out as full-blooded terrace chants.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
'Ring of Fire' and 'I'm On My Way' have equal value at the Albion insofar as they have nothing AND everything to do with us.

'Nothing' because their origins are nothing remotely to do with Brighton, the Albion or football.

'Everything' because over the past two or three seasons, these have been belted out as full-blooded terrace chants.

Yes indeed, it was the fans that introduced Ring of Fire, not the club.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

A third being 'We all follow Brighton and Hove Albion'. Quite like the thought of a large male choir belting out 'The animals went in two by two' before a football match.

(Yes I'm aware it has a slightly longer history than that)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's like our very own haka.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here