Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm Team CMS - and proud of it.

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
If he's going to throw words around like that, tonight, I reckon he irrationally hate either:-

CMS
The Albion
Or
Himself.

Chances are it's a little of all three.

I was there tonight. I don't hate him. I just think he is not good enough at this level. He has a first touch that you would usually associate with junior level, not the Championship.

I was there tonight. I don't hate him. I just think he is not good enough at this level. He has a first touch that you would usually associate with junior level, not the Championship.

There isn't that many on here that would disagree, except Stat, but tonight he was bloody brilliant.

If you can't, or more probably won't, give credit where it's due then why bother to even comment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure if you refuse to acknowledge any good that he did, and singlemindedly concentrated on the errors I'd imagine Messi was shitehouse tonight, as well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's never going to be a neat footballer - always a bit rugged. Has managed to pluck a ball out the air from 70 yards in each of the recent games ironically - as he does struggle with simple control. Always love him for this effort and tonight he was brilliant. Yes he messed up a couple of crosses but also put some great ones in including for that first key goal. Also worth noting how well he did for that first one in not straying offside - he came back and looped the run superbly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There isn't that many on here that would disagree, except Stat, but tonight he was bloody brilliant.

If you can't, or more probably won't, give credit where it's due then why bother to even comment.

Even I reference his poor touch in my first on this thread tonight.

I'm sure if you refuse to acknowledge any good that he did, and singlemindedly concentrated on the errors I'd imagine Messi was shitehouse tonight, as well.

Just to be clear Stat, I'm very, very far from being IN.

But he was good tonight.

But he was good tonight.

Edit:

Needed saying twice.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But he was good tonight.

Edit:

Needed saying twice.
That's cool.

Just to be super clear I'm in no way likening CMS to Messi :lol: :facepalm:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
He was brilliant. Never stopped running and it was a great cross for Baldock's goal.

But still, some fans will never be happy with him.

theboybilly

He was brilliant. Never stopped running and it was a great cross for Baldock's goal.

But still, some fans will never be happy with him.

He wasn't 'brilliant' (Tex came closest to that) but I'll agree CMS didn't stop running....he never does as we're told repeatedly. An easy cross for the goal and an even easier cross missed to wrap the game up early in the 2nd half. Then the was the occasion he had time and space to have three bites at a cherry to bring the ball under control but lost possession cheaply. Something he also does far too much. If the Albion want to be serious promotion contenders next year Craig has to be taken off the wage bill. He is just not cut out to be a Championship striker

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He wasn't 'brilliant' (Tex came closest to that) but I'll agree CMS didn't stop running....he never does as we're told repeatedly. An easy cross for the goal and an even easier cross missed to wrap the game up early in the 2nd half. Then the was the occasion he had time and space to have three bites at a cherry to bring the ball under control but lost possession cheaply. Something he also does far too much. If the Albion want to be serious promotion contenders next year Craig has to be taken off the wage bill. He is just not cut out to be a Championship striker

He needs to work on chesting the ball, his first touch has improved to feet, but he has not got the hang of killing it on his chest. I want to keep him, he can get goals at this level and it looks like we might be playing a style that suits him a bit better now, but he probably is not the ideal lone centre forward.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011

He kept making great runs which allowed Kayal to pass forward to him down the right side. He assisted a goal and created several other chances. The cross for Baldock's goal was not easy, he just made it look easy. He waited for the perfect time to cross and crossed it straight into Baldock's feet. He may not have the best first touch but he makes up for it in other ways. I think he is cut out to be a championship striker. Just not a lone striker as he has been played as since he came here. Playing him with Bladock and Tex really worked and he has definitely earned a place in the starting line up against Bolton on Saturday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But he was good tonight.
On slight reflection I think the team's performance and CMS' was a masterpiece, as it managed to prove both our polar opposite opinions correct.

Thanks to the speed of Kayal Tex, the tenacity of Calde and space creating link up with Baldock.
Along with Leeds' high line, everything fell into CMS' lap, and he produced a performance that made it easy to forget the errors.

But not only is that an awful lot of components required to make CMS tick, he did prove that he doesn't have the attributes to make it happen without the support.
Even in his short cameo CoG showed more skill and awareness, albeit he was running at a beaten down defence.

As founder member of Team CMS I don't whether to be pleased, frustrated or really pi$$ed off about last night.
It was a great performance, but all to little to late, and smacks of 'what might have been' had any one of the previous 3 managers decided there was more to the game than just possession or in Sami's case 'it's my way or nothing', things could have been very different for CMS & the Albion.

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
the lack of football knowledge in some Albion fans amazes me. tex was so good tonight because of what CMS did he stretched them so much which gave tex the space and time in the middle to create. without cms tonight we don't create half the chances we did. and hes hold up play was as good as best on Saturday or COG'S although he seems to have become a folk hero after 1 good game, i remember a certain Argentinian who couldn't trap wind, he seemed to do alright

Jan 30, 2008
I fully expect there to be some humble pie eating, from people on this board, re CMS.
It's occurred to me I'm spreading myself to thinly when it comes to ramming peoples words back down their throats.
So I'm putting my summer of CMS defence into one thread.

- He'll have more poacher balls across the 6 yard box, from Buckley, KLL, Noone.
- He'll have Crofts and Vicente in close company.
- Centre halves will be pulled out of position.
- The team have now had a full season in The Championship.

- Last season he was completely detached from our defensive set up.
- Last season he was having to chase down 60 yard lumps up field from Greer.

CMS will be our top scorer, knocking on the door of 20+ goals, without taking a penalty.

I take it in the time I've taken to write this CMS has been sold to Palace. :facepalm:
I am also acutely aware that writing this means Mystic Stat is hammering the final nail into CMS' football coffin, sorry fella.
problem is he can't put the ball in the back of the net , end of thread
regards
DR

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Thanks to the speed of Kayal Tex, the tenacity of Calde and space creating link up with Baldock.
Along with Leeds' high line, everything fell into CMS' lap, and he produced a performance that made it easy to forget the errors.

Our manager deserves a lot of credit for this. He'd clearly done his homework and seen that Leeds play high up the pitch but are seriously lacking pace, they were tailor made for CMS. Early in the 1st half CMS kept coming short for the ball & CH was berating him & gesturing him to get on the last defenders shoulder, he was clearly losing patience as after 15-20 minutes he sent Best & COG to warm up. The message got through & he had an excellent game. Yes his touch was poor & he perhaps should have scored himself, but let's remember he's not played much of late & was bound to be a little rusty.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
CMS is a tricky one. Gut feeling he isnt cut out for top end champ team. We are not (yet) so he is entirely adequate atm.

He isnt a "cheater" either just picking up a wage even tho he is out of contract he isnt one of these players that suddenly step up in their last few months (Adebayor for example).

However he does love a through ball and like a newborn puppy he was chasing them round all day. Mind you Hughton realised (what Gus, Oscar and the dim Finn didnt) is thats CMS strength. Mind you his cross in the 2nd half was pony. Ballsack could have wrapped it up earlier.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess it's only far to wish 3 titans of Brighton and Sussex happy birthday:-

CMS

Nicholas Van Wotshisface
&

ME.

:vuvu: