Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

M & S pander to this crazy world !

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It would depend if other companies, and traders are following the M&S internal HR policies....which seem to offend you so greatly.

This is about HR policy for ALL RELIGIONS at M&S.....or havnt you figured that bit out yet?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not at all...im carrying on with this as well.....but you seemed a bit quick to rush off last night..hopefully ill see your response there today.

Would you be less 'offended' by M&S HR policy if they didnt employ muslims?
The policy covers all relgions, but you seem a bit more 'enraged' about Muslim employees recieving the same benefits?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Not at all...im carrying on with this as well.....but you seemed a bit quick to rush off last night..hopefully ill see your response there today.
The policy covers all relgions, but you seem a bit more 'enraged' about Muslim employees recieving the same benefits?

If the other religions refused to serve items that were stocked to customers, then i would feel the same.
I can see what you are trying to imply. The offended was the Muslim cashier, they can employ whoever they want.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Your right. If people are not happy about serving certain foods because it is against their religion, then f**k off and work somewhere else.
If we keep going down this stupid road in this country things will just get worse.

But M&S have plenty of other jobs on offer, why would they intentionally make someone work in a job that conflicts with their religious beliefs? Big companies have a social responsibility to comply with reasonable requests. They have deemed this to be a reasonable request.

One question about Islamophobics, is it Islam that makes them angry or are they just angry people?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Again....this isnt about 'Muslims' Soulman...if you actually read the article, you wont look such a tit.
Oh sorry, our mistake obviously , can you just put up a link where a non Muslim m&s employee has refused to serve someone with a certain product due to religious beliefs ?

Here's a link I found
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3129625/Mother-is-denied-pill-by-Muslim-pharmacist.html

Oh, and another http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-protest-pay-day-loan-firm-1938725

Oh and here's another example of people doing their best to fit in ........ By choosing to send their daughter to a Greek Orthodox primary ,and then demanding that things change for them,oh dear its another..... Doesnt matter. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...nts-sue-primary-school-over-ban-on-hijab.html

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

oh good
its twist was people actually say time

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The year 2014 is nearly upon us.

And yet in these enlightened times there are still people on here (mostly through a misguided servitude to political leaning and political correctness as opposed to common sense)who feel not only the need to protect religious dogma but also blindly defend outdated religious thinking with the deluded idea they are being tolerant and progressive, defending the right of certain sections of society to promote ideas that are simply divisive and that have beliefs that should rightly have been consigned to the dustbin centuries ago.

It is plain to see who the fools are in this debate and they are trying very hard to take over the asylum.

Merry ****ing Christmas indeed

Did you realise it is possible to repect the beliefs of others even if you don't hold them to be true yourself? I find the entire concept of religion laughable, however, should someone have faith and a reasonable request to make as a result of having that faith I'm not so intolerant in my own views that I wouldn't consider it. You are, that's your decision.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Why was the 'muslim' put in that position?..... because it was a mistake, tha M&S have apololgised for, as it went against their internal policies...policies put in place for all religions.....but feel free to carrry on with the islamophobia...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
But M&S have plenty of other jobs on offer, why would they intentionally make someone work in a job that conflicts with their religious beliefs? Big companies have a social responsibility to comply with reasonable requests. They have deemed this to be a reasonable request.

One question about Islamophobics, is it Islam that makes them angry or are they just angry people?

So if there was only a vacancy as a cashier, not in the bakery/clothing department etc, would the firm be "offending" a Muslim candidate if they turned them down because they may not serve Pork or Alcohol to customers. Could that result in a court case etc.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If the other religions refused to

are you incapable of seperating an individual from an entire religion? do you understand what the story is about?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
oh good
its twist was people actually say time

Not at all... this M&S policy is for all its workers..muslims...jews...christians etc .... look at the thread.... its all about muslims... because a muslim was put in a position against the companies policies, but hey, its Islams fault...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
are you incapable of seperating an individual from an entire religion? do you understand what the story is about?

Of course. A person of a religion, not the entire religion, refused to serve Pork or Alcohol, because it was against her religious beliefs, although not necessarily the beliefs of that entire religion, who have not all refused.
Iv'e got it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So if there was only a vacancy as a cashier, not in the bakery/clothing department etc, would the firm be "offending" a Muslim candidate if they turned them down because they may not serve Pork or Alcohol to customers. Could that result in a court case etc.

I'm not completely au fait with M&S's recruitment policies but at the lowest levels I'd be pretty suprised if they recruited for different job roles separately. Regardless, your point RE litigation is actually a good one and I don't know the answer. I would imagine the answer would be that they would have to explicitly state that the job included that work.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It would depend if other companies, and traders are following the M&S internal HR policies....which seem to offend you so greatly.

This is about HR policy for ALL RELIGIONS at M&S.....or havnt you figured that bit out yet?
you keep labouring this point, why?? Nobody is fooled, the ONLY people who have been offended are, you guessed it.......

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Read the article before you look even more ridiculous.

I think some people are either fibbing about having read it, or are reading it and not understanding it, possibly wilfully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here