Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup 4th Round - Who do you want?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I agree, as we seem to be in our top form, it would be good to see how we fare against a Premier League side.

Thing is most Prem sides likely to make a load of changes and not treat it seriously anyway. A lower league side at home would be fine by me.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Err? Why not put some value on the competition and think about going on a big as run as possible. Home draw is best against lower side. With some premier sides not taking it seriously any more no reason we cannot go far!?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Anyone at home but preferably a lesser team that will justify a squad similar to yesterday, good to give fringe players a workout

Or perhaps Everton, one of the few big sides we have not played since the early 80's

The FA Cup can still be positive for us, it won't become a distraction unless we got to quarter final or later

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone at home but preferably a lesser team that will justify a squad similar to yesterday, good to give fringe players a workout

Or perhaps Everton, one of the few big sides we have not played since the early 80's

The FA Cup can still be positive for us, it won't become a distraction unless we got to quarter final or later

Everton were knocked out yesterday.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Another game like yesterday, at home to a League 1 club, would be good in many ways e.g. giving game time to our back up players again and a good chance of progressing. Only issue is that we will keep needing to rearrange game. We already have Cardiff and Newcastle. Having to rearrange Barnsley too would start to mean a bit of fixture congestion.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Corresponding league fixtures to cup days:

5th Round day - Barnsley away
6th Round day - Derby at home
Semi final day - Norwich away

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Corresponding league fixtures to cup days:

5th Round day - Barnsley away
6th Round day - Derby at home
Semi final day - Norwich away
Although I want us to progress in the Cup, we don't really want too big a fixture pile up.

Best get the Cardiff game out of the way asap.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Lower league/non league side away, would be nice to scratch off another ground with potential to progress. Part of me wouldn't mind a Championship side or higher placed League One side, step up in quality over Franchise F.C. for the fringe players and those returning from injury.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Everton away - think we must have played them the LEAST in our history of any team, in the 'regular' 92 sides anyway i.e. Before started letting the stevenages, mk dons, pease pottages etc in the football league.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Everton away - think we must have played them the LEAST in our history of any team, in the 'regular' 92 sides anyway i.e. Before started letting the stevenages, mk dons, pease pottages etc in the football league.
Everton are already OUT.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Big draw away? Yes Please. I haven't been to the Emirates yet.

Lowly side at home? No thanks. We lose money on our coach,

Palace? Definitely not. Don't need the distraction this season

Arsenal away please

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
4th R
Albion v Rochdale
Oxford u v Millwall
Fleetwood v Lincoln
Sutton v Accrington

5th R
Albion v Accrington
Fleetwood v Oxford United

6th R
Albion v Fleetwood

Semi-final

Albion v Sunderland

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Millwall home!

Ave it

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
League 1 side at home. Give the reserves a decent game but win and then onto someone big who can't poach our players having seen them in January. Win-win then....... knocked out 5th round and concentrate on league else go through and have the payday then onto the next

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here