Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone here think Trump is a safe bet for Pres?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As someone said on the TV a couple of days ago, it doesn't really matter too much the machine that runs behind the scenes will stop any nonsense going on, they only want your vote at the moment but once in they will be a figurehead only.
Obama would have been a brilliant President if only he was actually allowed to do what he wanted to, instead he became one of the best speech makers I have heared in my life.
President of USA is too big a gig for one man to cope with.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]784499061671989248[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As someone said on the TV a couple of days ago, it doesn't really matter too much the machine that runs behind the scenes will stop any nonsense going on, they only want your vote at the moment but once in they will be a figurehead only.
Obama would have been a brilliant President if only he was actually allowed to do what he wanted to, instead he became one of the best speech makers I have heared in my life.
President of USA is too big a gig for one man to cope with.

Quite correct. I actually think Clinton would be more destructive in the WH, she seems to command a troop of flying monkeys to intimidate and silence any critics/whistle blowers. She is sinister and nasty.
Trump is a goon. An idiot who I am sure has power but will be very controllable as a President. Corporate America will not allow him to make any meaningful decision, that includes pushing the button. In order to keep the cash rolling in they need people alive!

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Slimy peroxide perm-a-tan c u n t. His wife should be ****ing ashamed of herself too coming out and defending this two bob prick.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Quite correct. I actually think Clinton would be more destructive in the WH, she seems to command a troop of flying monkeys to intimidate and silence any critics/whistle blowers. She is sinister and nasty.
Trump is a goon. An idiot who I am sure has power but will be very controllable as a President. Corporate America will not allow him to make any meaningful decision, that includes pushing the button. In order to keep the cash rolling in they need people alive!

Spot on, there is a huge difference.
Clinton is a seasoned politician with bags of experience and her husband behind her.
Trump is a businessman, the two don't mix, if Trump wins and then finds out the way he has to behave and the decisions he needs to make he will be miles out of his depth and will be drowned by the people who hide in the shadows and make all the decisions.
If he tries to go against the grain he will get battered by both sides of the political divide and a car crash of monumental proportions will follow.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I have a question for our American cousins:-

'Why didn't Ms Rice run for President'?

As a Republican, she's got two issues -- she's black, and she's not hawt . She also has a functional brain.

Palin and Bachman didn't pose those problems. And I'm not sure Rice is enough of a hater.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I think that's a pretty good summary of my views too.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
She is sinister and nasty.
I think that's a pretty good summary of my views too.

Assuming arguendo you're old enough to remember Reagan and Nixon, what do you see that makes Mrs. Clinton seem a worse bet than those two?
Or as far as 'sinister' goes, the first President Bush, who was actually head of the CIA?

The moderate progressivism? She's hardly Michael Foot with tits, now is she?
Because we know it can't be her gender. Not a leg to stand on with that argument after Mrs. Thatcher.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

As a Republican, she's got two issues -- she's black, and she's not hawt . She also has a functional brain.

Palin and Bachman didn't pose those problems. And I'm not sure Rice is enough of a hater.

Can I ask, is mainstream US as depressed about this election as the rest of the world?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Here we go, Bill Clinton rape allegations. From Trumps twatter feed.

the classic Trump double down. problem is i dont think alot of the normal Republicans will fall for this line, he risks alienating the traditional voters.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Don't let Fiorina off the hook, cos she's a proper fookin whack-job.

Other than those 2 obvious flaws :facepalm: I don't know much about her, beyond being Dubbya's right hand man.
Wiki says she's never married, and is sketchy about her family life, so I guess she might have the trifecta American Republicans really aren't ready for.
A massive shame, as I don't remember her as anything other than the brain's of Bush's operation.
Chances are she'd have kicked the other Republican's and Hillary all over the country.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Assuming arguendo you're old enough to remember Reagan and Nixon, what do you see that makes Mrs. Clinton seem a worse bet than those two?
Or as far as 'sinister' goes, the first President Bush, who was actually head of the CIA?

Nixon was way before my time. I remember seeing on the news the Jimmy Carter-brokered deal at Camp David but I would have been about 8 or 9 at the time. No idea why that news story stuck with me when i was so young.

But Clinton is far worse in my opinion. Nixon was an odd one - he was a long-time supporter of women's rights and was a driving force in some key anti-discrimination legislation that helped the emancipation of black Americans. He had huge character defects and his position of power let his paranoia destroy him and rightly so but I would say he thought that because what he believed in was right that he could do anything to see that through.

Reagan did many bad things too but he (along with Nixon) had an ideology that they believed in, he was the driving force in winning the Cold War and because of that we no longer have the Berlin Wall. Both entered politics having a purpose, I see nothing from Clinton except the lust for power and a stack of dead bodies, dubious decisions, funny money and outright lies.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I see nothing from Clinton except the lust for power and a stack of dead bodies, dubious decisions, funny money and outright lies.

The candidates on offer who didn't have that on their resume is....

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Reagan did many bad things too but he (along with Nixon) had an ideology that they believed in, he was the driving force in winning the Cold War and because of that we no longer have the Berlin Wall. Both entered politics having a purpose, I see nothing from Clinton except the lust for power and a stack of dead bodies, dubious decisions, funny money and outright lies.

The stack of bodies are presumably from when Clinton did a secret deal with Iran to exchange hostages and money for arms and re-routed the money to those trying to bring down a democratically elected government in South America. Oh no she didn't did she? That was Reagan. But what about her illegal carpet bombing of Cambodia that created the circumstances for the Khmer Rouge takeover and subsequent genocide. Oops, sorry, that was Nixon.

Reagan of course won the Nobel Peace Prize for his commitment to ending the Cold War, No? That was the real driving force Mikhail Gorbachev. Reagan and Thatcher's policies toward the USSR were exactly those of their predecessors over previous decades. The change in approach came from Gorbachev, not from 'We begin bombing in five minutes' Ronnie.

Its funny that those in politics that we agree with have a purpose, but those we disagree with just a lust for power.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The stack of bodies are presumably from when Clinton did a secret deal with Iran to exchange hostages and money for arms and re-routed the money to those trying to bring down a democratically elected government in South America. Oh no she didn't did she? That was Reagan. But what about her illegal carpet bombing of Cambodia that created the circumstances for the Khmer Rouge takeover and subsequent genocide. Oops, sorry, that was Nixon.

Reagan of course won the Nobel Peace Prize for his commitment to ending the Cold War, No? That was the real driving force Mikhail Gorbachev. Reagan and Thatcher's policies toward the USSR were exactly those of their predecessors over previous decades. The change in approach came from Gorbachev, not from 'We begin bombing in five minutes' Ronnie.

Its funny that those in politics that we agree with have a purpose, but those we disagree with just a lust for power.

Yep Gorbachev was a good leader. I don’t think there were any skeletons in his closet or any controversy on his watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here