Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 yr old season ticket holder charged as adult, club won't fully refund....advice please.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hooray for Paul Barber's PA! :albion2:

I doubt it at 9.30pm. Quick reply from his Blackberry or Ipad to acknowledge receipt, with a promise to sort it. 30 second job, infinite goodwill. Textbook stuff, as ling as does indeed get sorted.

Re the times things haven't gone well for people, no big company gets it right all the time........

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I've only skimmed through the thread but is there an issue with this ticket being in the North? little Jack has had his ST since he was 2 and my understanding was that low low price of 49 quid or what ever it is now, only applied to the Family Stand

I read it as new to North Stand chat as opposed to North stand at the Amex.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fair play to Paul Barber, but something is not right if the only way to get things resolved is to go straight to the main man.

In my experience, you don't actually have to contact PB.

All that is required if you are dissatisfied with the response of a member of staff, is to cc PB in your reply. It seems that the idea of him becoming personally involved is enough to focus their efforts a bit harder...

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
As per other DD complaints...I check my 3 bank accounts daily on my phone in under a minute and solve issues before they escalate and require needing to waste our/any chief Exectutives time on trival matters.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In my experience, you don't actually have to contact PB.

All that is required if you are dissatisfied with the response of a member of staff, is to cc PB in your reply. It seems that the idea of him becoming personally involved is enough to focus their efforts a bit harder...

Too true

But its a damning indictment that people know what to do when the head honcho is copied but care diddly squat when he isn't

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
The facepalm was because the tone of the post was seemingly about demanding an apology for a slur rather than getting the issue sorted which it appears PB is now doing. By all means say that you were disappointed by the comment but put it in perspective. It's up there with using a threat to go to the Argus as your opening gambit. I wonder whether PB has already apologised in his reply, which, from my experience, would be par for the course.

There are of course exceptions and without detail it would be difficult to comment on the rights or wrongs of each issue. Suffice to say, anyone and any organisation can get it wrong. The best example was of course the 'indignity' suffered by Big Belly (I think that's who it was but apologies if I'm wrong).
What a bellend you are, the insinuation had already been made so hence the reason for the need for an apology. Only an idiot could have read my comment as a threat.

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
Paul barber is the way to go. I had an issue a while back and emailed him the details. He resolved it swiftly and then offered to meet my son on a match day for some photos pitch side. A really great bloke. Email him.

That's certainly not the way he dealt with a ticketing issue that I had. Yes he was quick to respond, polite and professional but in terms of helping the situation and providing a satisfactory resolution, I was disappointed.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What a bellend you are, the insinuation had already been made so hence the reason for the need for an apology. Only an idiot could have read my comment as a threat.

I think you missed the point of what I was saying or didn't read it properly! Still only an idiot could have misread it. Well done!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I don’t think you were, I equally have had a poor experience when dealing with him, he came across as arrogant and narrow minded.

Sounds familiar, very dismissive and arrogant. He's all for us being customers but doesn't quite buy into the customer being right. When you are right he treats you like a scummy football fan. Still, provided he responds quickly to e-mails that's all you can ask from a CEO!

Putting my experience with him aside I do find it odd that he hasn't got better things to do than e-mail supporters (very quickly). Whilst I think customer contact from him is positive in some respects I'd want my CEO to put a team in place to deal effectively with such issues, for him to have confidence in that team and for him to focus on business changing decisions. Clearly Paul is far from confident in the team he has and I think he is absolutely correct there. What he should be doing is sorting the team structure out beneath him and this seems to be taking quite a while.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The facepalm was because the tone of the post was seemingly about demanding an apology for a slur rather than getting the issue sorted which it appears PB is now doing. By all means say that you were disappointed by the comment but put it in perspective. It's up there with using a threat to go to the Argus as your opening gambit. I wonder whether PB has already apologised in his reply, which, from my experience, would be par for the course.

There are of course exceptions and without detail it would be difficult to comment on the rights or wrongs of each issue. Suffice to say, anyone and any organisation can get it wrong. The best example was of course the 'indignity' suffered by Big Belly (I think that's who it was but apologies if I'm wrong).

Ah got ya - Yeh the apology bit was the only bit I thought was a bit OTT of his post

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sounds familiar, very dismissive and arrogant. He's all for us being customers but doesn't quite buy into the customer being right. When you are right he treats you like a scummy football fan. Still, provided he responds quickly to e-mails that's all you can ask from a CEO!

Putting my experience with him aside I do find it odd that he hasn't got better things to do than e-mail supporters (very quickly). Whilst I think customer contact from him is positive in some respects I'd want my CEO to put a team in place to deal effectively with such issues, for him to have confidence in that team and for him to focus on business changing decisions. Clearly Paul is far from confident in the team he has and I think he is absolutely correct there. What he should be doing is sorting the team structure out beneath him and this seems to be taking quite a while.

Why not email Paul Barber to suggest that?

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
On reflection the quick response to the email could well have been an automatic reply promising to look into the matter. Silly me.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I think you missed the point of what I was saying or didn't read it properly! Still only an idiot could have misread it. Well done!
Must admit the facepalm did not fully convey your orginal meaning to me, but your second post explaining your facepalm was very useful in understanding what I had originally meant to say but failed to do. Thank you for an insight into Drew's world of correction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here