Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye Kuszczak

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Look at all the Derby goals scored today, he should have done better with at least 3 of them. Too many mistakes from him recently. He'll still sign for Gus up at Sunderland and be there second choice.

Hopefully we can find a top-class flair goalkeeper in Spain.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On a bad day what saddens me the most is a great player and a favourite Tomasz, is now downgraded to cannon fodder and disgraceful abuse. He has been mustard for 99% of his time at the club and I will be very sad to see him go. Such short memories.

Almost this, apart from 'sad to see him go'. Won't be celebrating if he does, but not weeping either.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Remind me, how many teams conceded more over the course of the season, yes only one. Burnley.

He may have made a couple of mistakes of late, yet the second goal at the Amex (OG) how many keepers could stop that happening?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
On a bad day what saddens me the most is a great player and a favourite Tomasz, is now downgraded to cannon fodder and disgraceful abuse. He has been mustard for 99% of his time at the club and I will be very sad to see him go. Such short memories.

Very true Gareth :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Their second goal, then their third and then their fourth were all big positional mistakes from Kuszczak.

I've been one of Kusczcak's harshest critics, these last few weeks, but you're being ott there. The 2nd was not remotely his fault. He had to go across and cover the goal, in case the guy headed for goal. Once he headed back across it was down to the defenders to save the day.

The 3rd was a great strike. Definitely not a keeper error, although a keeper at the top of his game just might have pulled off a worldy.

The 4th looked poor on first viewing, but seeing the replays it took a deflection off Dunk, which gave him little chance.

All that said, he played like a keeper with zero confidence today, as he has for a while.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But do we want to offer him a new contract?

He's been found out over the last 6 weeks in terms of his shot stopping, anticipation, positioning, hestitancy and punching/flapping instead of catching. His distribution has always been woeful and if his heart isn't in it then let him go, we've seen plenty of keepers this year that have looked at least as competent as Kush.

yes, but problems that have crept into his game as a result of what ever we dont know. all players go through bad spells only keepers are more exposed when they do. if he's interested in staying, that means his head i set and i think much the problems go away. if there are equal or better keepers (to his known high ability) there will be a cost and time to attain their service, so on balance, yes offer him a contract. because we sure as hell know the understudies arent up to it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Obviously something not right with him mentally over the last few games. Thinking of where he might be next season or just not coping with the pressure? I think the former creating the latter.

Neither of these make him a bad player and either can be easily rectified.

People have short memories. This lad has been amazing for us and has won us games. How about the 3-0 against Blackburn? Yeah great scoreline but without PIG we'd have been stuffed. Seven amazing saves, totally bossed it.

His distribution has always been suspect but that's probably why he's playing in the Championship.

I'm not convinced that we can't do better for next season but some of the myopic slagging on here is embarassing.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Still second tightest defense in the league at the end, Koosh is a significant part of that. He's head and shoulders above our current options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here