Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corbyn about to be sectioned methinks?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
99.9% of barbers would vote for a ban on the sale of DIY hair clippers if it were possible...

I don't pretend to understand the complexities of the Falkland Islands situation but I do know I am not very persuaded by what the Islanders themselves would "like" to happen.
Not in favour of other people having self determination? How very 'I'm alright Jack'......................

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why is it complex?

It was never occupied by the Argentinians. First discovered by the British, and then the French (who gave their bit to Spain). Their only claim is potentially on the basis of geography and if that is to form the basis of international law then maybe they should take over Chile or any other country they have a land border with.

This, this and this. Argentina's flimsy claim is that they think they inherited the islands from Spain when they became Argentina.
The Falkland Islands have been British since 1750.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This, this and this. Argentina's flimsy claim is that they think they inherited the islands from Spain when they became Argentina.
The Falkland Islands have been British since 1750.

Not hard to understand is it. Coupled with the fact that 99.9% of the people that live there want it to remain British.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Chilean descent yes, I served in the Army with one , I met a few when I was based in Port Stanley, they unfailingly regarded themselves as BRITISH, sorry to spoil your snide attempt at a dig, self hater that you are.

I sometimes don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you when you go into full insult mode...water off a ducks back to me.

The referendum established that the voters wanted to remain a British Territory, it did not establish that every voter saw themselves as British although no doubt many do. Some of the Islanders see themselves as Falkland Islanders first, and there are other nationalities too, whilst living and settled there will no doubt retain their own national identity. The vote meant 99% what it to remain a British Territory which establishes their political will and self determination which I have no issue with, it doesn't mean 99% of them see themselves as British - I don't think [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] was actually saying that though as he went onto say.

You carry on being Yours Offended though...oh hang on, isn't that what you hate?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
99.9% of barbers would vote for a ban on the sale of DIY hair clippers if it were possible...

I don't pretend to understand the complexities of the Falkland Islands situation but I do know I am not very persuaded by what the Islanders themselves would "like" to happen.
The islanders themselves dont want anything to happen...just a status quo to be maintained.

How the hell can you dismiss the right of self determination?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
To be honest I wasn't overly bothered about the Falklands or the rights or wrongs of who can legitimately claim sovereignty there until Argentina decided to invade. The moment British blood was spilt defending then recapturing the island's end of discussion.

Any attempt to circumvent the wishes of the islanders is undemocratic and an insult to those that fought and died defending and recapturing it.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Because they got unlucky in the Game of Life...? They live on a small rocky island thousands of miles away from the place that they want to belong to. It is not a good state of affairs but these things happen. There are lots of people in the world far more disadvantaged.

They don't 'want' to belong, they DO belong. I bet you feel the same way about Gibraltar?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How the hell can you dismiss the right of self determination?

He probably can quite easily if he's of the mind-set that as it doesn't directly affect him, it is therefore of no importance whatsoever. Sadly, many people do think like that (and thankfully, many of us don't!)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I sometimes don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you when you go into full insult mode...water off a ducks back to me.

The referendum established that the voters wanted to remain a British Territory, it did not establish that every voter saw themselves as British although no doubt many do. Some of the Islanders see themselves as Falkland Islanders first, and there are other nationalities too, whilst living and settled there will no doubt retain their own national identity. The vote meant 99% what it to remain a British Territory which establishes their political will and self determination which I have no issue with, it doesn't mean 99% of them see themselves as British - I don't think [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] was actually saying that though as he went onto say.

You carry on being Yours Offended though...oh hang on, isn't that what you hate?
I couldn't care less what you do , you know what you are , and the description of self hater obviously hit home , as it's true.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Spotted searching for future Labour supporters in Calais yesterday .

Attachments

• jc.jpg
    jc.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 162

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Nice iphone.............

I thought that these poor souls had lost everything in leaving their homes. But who would miss a selfie opportunity with someone who is prepared to open the flood gates and follow the open door German approach so we can hand out even more benefits

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here