Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Words that annoy you...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
None of the above. Maybe its because I'm a totes amaze melt and like to call people mate whilst having a cheeky drink on my fab holibobs. Or maybe its because there are a million more important things to give a crap about. Just chillax dudes and stop being such bed wetters.

........and cocks that start a sentence with "look"

For cocks read politicians - no normal people say that. It is a bit more economic with words than saying "I will ignore your probing question regarding this ludicrous piece of legislation/policy I am promoting. Instead I will answer a totally different question and hope that everyone is fooled by it".

Anyway, back to the thread. Peeps, can I give you a heads up on one of my amazeball faves - it's totes epic, literally.

Stunning - fine to use if you mean knocking someone/something insensible by forceful application of a blunt instrument. However "a stunning development of four luxury apartments" when used by an estate agent usually means something along the lines of - " we have done a cheap bodge conversion on some redundant store rooms and offices above Barclays Bank. They overlook a busy crossroads on an "A" road, with traffic lights, so lots of gear changing through the night. You have a good view of the closed and boarded up pub opposite, and don't anticpate being able to park your car (if you can afford one after buying this place) anywhere close. On the plus side there are several half decent takeways nearby plus a kebab van that is open into the small hours".

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
picnic
supper
breakfast
mom
gusset
Period
Nappy
Legend
Fair play
Poo
tippy-tappy

Pretty much any of those Jafaican words middle class white kids use (do you ever hear black people trying to sound white?)

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
'Raft' when (over)used as a collective noun, rather than as a floatation device.

'Gap year.' When I did something along those lines a few years back, I called it 'going on holiday'.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
anybody that actually says lol when they talk. if you find it funny then have a chuckle or a smile you f**ktard, I can see your face so know if it amused you

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
"tekkers"

This. By far the worst of a bad bunch, along with Amazeballs.

My daughter and I use 'chillax' or 'chillaxing' with each other in a tongue in cheek way, in the same way as mates and myself use 'fancy a cheeky pint' in a ridiculous way. Use it right and you can successfully disempower the word and make it seem the absurd thing that it actually is.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"Banter" and even worse "bants" or "bantage".

I remember reading "The Archbishop of Banterbury" in a post on here a while back. Sorry, but it still makes me chuckle :D

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
saying "yeh, yeh, yeh, yeh, yeh" very quickly

instead of yes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here