Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Words that annoy you...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
"

Not a phrase, or even something that annoys me, but I often think it is strange when TV people say to you, the viewer "See you after the break, see you tomorrow/next week" or similar. Because, of course, they won't.

I get this. They talk as if its a conversation with the viewer when in reality its a dictorial, one way Lecture with any response limited to, for example, 10 minutes on Points of view a week or so later.

This is a form of denial that TV is for, entertainment, education and PREACHING.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Chilling, chill-out, or the worst case scenario, chillaxing.
"What you got planned for the weekend?" "Just gonna chill out".
I always think an ice pick into the eye is needed at that time to assist with the "chilling".

The "to go", mostly in coffee shops is another.

I find "cool" just slighly annoying when said by the yoof, but for someone my age to use it; I just find it laughable.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
F u c k I n g DUDE. I hate the word dude, in the industry I work in the word dude is so overused, I must get called dude 6 times a day and it gets my goat. I'd rather be called c*nt than dude

Okay dude, I mean c*nt, it's a deal.:thumbsup:

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
When people say 'aks' instead of ask. Learn to speak properly, you just sound retarded!

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Heads-up, journey, affordable (as in housing), free (meaning paid for by someone else), loophole, student, "can I get", to go, reality (as in TV used to describe things that are not real), institutionally, fit-for-purpose, epic, legend, piece (as in "across the piece").

That will do for now, I will go away and think of some more. Or maybe I should go away and relax with a nice cup of tea.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Agree with holibobs, I also cannot stand the use of 'hubby' or when girls said they had a 'fab' night.

In football speak - 'False 9' and 'progressive' really are a load of old toss.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Two times, instead of twice.
No one says it here, it's always 'two times', really annoys me and it is more effort to say two words rather than a stylish 'twice'.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bank of mum and dad

Putting a y at the end of a word to make it into an adjective, eg webby

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Almost all business speak, with a special area of hell reserved for anyone who uses synergy seriously.

Also, I don't hear/see it often but 'jeggings' annoys me.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Goals.

As in he was running towards the goals. No he wasn't he was towards the goal.

Normally thick northern ex footballers are the worst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here