Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want the words to Sussex by the Sea on the big screens before kick off?

Do you want the words to Sussex by the Sea on the big screens before kick off?

• Yes

Votes: 212 76.3%
  • No

Votes: 66 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
The up side is it might get the normal non singers in the mood to keep singing! Need to keep the next songs simple and the team to create some fervour.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I've put "no". Personally, I'd prefer it in the programme. You could put it in the Junior Seagull section if the 'ard nuts don't want to be associated with it.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
As a away fan , why would you want the words of your adopted club anthem on a big screen ? Shouldn't you , as brighton fans , know these words ?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
As a away fan , why would you want the words of your adopted club anthem on a big screen ? Shouldn't you , as brighton fans , know these words ?

Dougie...it's not a simple pop song like Glad All Over, and lot's of us do know the words. But whether we should or not has nothing to do with you.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No no no. Just bloody learn the two verses. Ingrain them. Chisel them into your heart and sing them with gusto.

And, all sing the second verse. I think it's better than the first.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes , shortly before the teams come out of the tunnel the screens should be showing World War One black and white footage of soldiers from Sussex marching into battle. Then put up the original words to accompany the music.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm struggling to see how this is an 'issue' to get titsy about.

Just put the words on the screen and be done with it.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Like Derby, Like Cardiff?

Anyway, What the f@@k has it got to do with you? I suggest you go put your black hoodie on, bang your drum, play your goal music and join in with that oh so rousing Dave Clark number.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Like Derby, Like Cardiff?

Anyway, What the f@@k has it got to do with you? I suggest you go put your black hoodie on, bang your drum, play your goal music and join in with that oh so rousing Dave Clark number.

Well quite, surely every Welsh person knows the words off by heart. I must admit putting it on the advertising hordings as well as the screens did look quite good.

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
Does anybody really need to have the words on the screen.? Keep supporting your local team....You will learn the words in good time.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just been to the North West Sussex Seagulls Q&A event with Paul Barber, and asked "Are the words to Sussex by the Sea going to be displayed on the big screen before kick off?". He said that the fans' opinion on this was 50/50, so this is why they're holding off doing it.

I'm not so sure it's 50/50, So here is a straightforward poll, Do you want the words to Sussex by the Sea on the big screens before kick off?

I will give this poll 1 week, and will email the results to Paul Barber.

After three hours in Dicks Bar I can't see either screen :drink:
I'm sure Paul needs my money more than my singing:p

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I can't believe the result of this poll. We really need the words to our own song on a screen.

Do they have the words to the national anthem on the screen at Wembley or Twickenham before an International?

Good grief. How tinpot! (I've always wanted to say that in the right context)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can't believe the result of this poll. We really need the words to our own song on a screen.

Do they have the words to the national anthem on the screen at Wembley or Twickenham before an International?

So you enjoy listening to Der Der Der quicker quicker clapclapclapclapclap wegoinguptowincupfsusbysea, really

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So you enjoy listen to Der Der Der quicker quicker clapclapclapclapclap wegoinguptowincupfsusbysea, really

No. But it's not that hard to learn the words.

Please let's not actually show the opposition that we don't know the words to our own anthem.

Here's a challenge to us all. At the next game, just teach the person next to you the words.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Have just heard that Liverpool intend to put the words to "You'll never walk alone' on their big screen so that everyone knows how to join in.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

So you'd rather the calamitous racket that is the status quo? I'd much rather placate the ignoranti and produce a louder, more partisan home fan atmosphere, and THEN give the aways a jolly good round of applause.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

They should, then Rooney might actually be able to join in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here