Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jiri Skalak, 23yo Czech attacker, confirmed signing.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Everyone thought the same about Colunga, Hemed, Danny Holla, Elvis Manu £1.75 million from Holland BRILLAINT EH ??? etc etc its never happened has it thats all I'm saying

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Did i not say that at the bottom of my statement or are you just deliberately choosing leaving that bit out ? The latter I suspect as usual.
You always have to give a man a chance, problem with people like you, is you always try and start some sort of argument your never going to win.
When i said he's not THE ONE, he's not THE ONE is he, not from what you see in peoples expectations on here.
We are all expecting a player with Championship experience a good goalscoring pedigree in this division or higher, or so it would see.
Or can you pick fault with everyone on that too.

edit.......

Okay, you've answered me on that one...:)

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I'm sorry but this doesn't fill me with any confidence, in fact I would say those in around us have recruited better than us and bought in players in the most important position (and that is a proven goalscorer)

I'm excited by this young lad, but you are foolish if you believe he is the guy to get us promoted this season, firstly he's not a striker, he's a wide attacking midfielder, secondly he's never scored more than 6 goals in a season and has scored around 20 odd goals in 120 appearances.

We needed a proven goalscorer who can step straight in and deliver now. We may not get a better opportunity to get in the PL than we currently have.

Our midfield is without question strong, we have undoubted quality out wide but it's glaringly obvious that we need a much better version of Hemed who can actually take his chances or a fitter version of Bobby that can bring the quality he does but on a regular basis.

I can only hope that we are banking on doing exactly that in the loan window, if that's the case we've recruited well and continue to bring in players than can flourish with time. Unfortunately we currently don't have the time to enable them to find their feet this season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They are always undisclosed, we have to wait for the accounts.

If those accounts don't show a massive leap in expenditure from £20m then £23m last time round, I'll eat my left arm.

Possibly. I'm also very glad we didn't give Burke and Sami any more money to spend.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
P G
2013-2014 → FC Zbrojovka Brno (loan) 24 (3)
2014-2015 → FK Mladá Boleslav (loan) 24 (6)
2015- FK Mladá Boleslav 16 (6)

64 MATCHES 15 GOALS Not the ONE is he ????? From a division like our Conference

Like has already been said gotta give the chap a chance though !!!

Your posts are so ****ing boring it's unbelievable. He's a WINGER. A goal in ever 4 games is bloody good for a winger.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Possibly. I'm also very glad we didn't give Burke and Sami any more money to spend.
But they might not have been so shite in the first place, had they been given the riches handed over to CH.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
What a funking exceptional flairquake of a signing. If I was managing the club, and masterminding promotion using the, never fails, olde school champ manager search facility...well... This has all the hallmarks of a Tonton Zola Moukoko moment of flairistic beauty, the like of which we hath never bourne witness to!

That's the Rock and ROLL signing I wanted, thank you and goodnight...

See you mothers' in the premier league...

Kosh

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How or why are we moaning. Jesus.

I reckon he will be decent enough. He cannot be any
Worse than Manu.

I personally still think our strikers and the rest of the team are still
Good enough to go up. Without a doubt a team full of creativity.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
The almighty Championship with its dazzling sides like Bolton and Charlton and MK Dons and Leeds and Bristol City and Fulham etc etc
I think he'll adapt just fine.

I love the way you try to make a point by listing the worts teams in the division what about Boro, Derby, Hull, Burnley !!! FFS ha ha ha

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Did i not say that at the bottom of my statement or are you just deliberately choosing leaving that bit out ? The latter I suspect as usual.
You always have to give a man a chance, problem with people like you, is you always try and start some sort of argument your never going to win.
When i said he's not THE ONE, he's not THE ONE is he, not from what you see in peoples expectations on here.
We are all expecting a player with Championship experience a good goalscoring pedigree in this division or higher, or so it would see.
Or can you pick fault with everyone on that too.

I saw the statement. That's why I said if this is you giving him a chance at the top of my post.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. You compared the Czech top division to the Conference. That seems like a pretty clear win for me straight away, unless you do watch it regularly in which case say so.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Everyone thought the same about Colunga, Hemed, Danny Holla, Elvis Manu £1.75 million from Holland BRILLAINT EH ??? etc etc its never happened has it thats all I'm saying
You gotta think he's gonna be half decent if he's now a regular Czech republic international. A team that qualified ahead of Holland for Euros.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
It will be nice to watch someone from the stripes in the Euros in the summer

Good shout. Ridiculous that Beram won't be there (but quite glad he'll get a few months off!) Wonder how far Knockaert and Stocko are down the pecking order.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Your posts are so ****ing boring it's unbelievable. He's a WINGER. A goal in ever 4 games is bloody good for a winger.

Hes not a winger, well not according to the official BHAFC tweet hes not !!

My post are boring dont read them ya mug

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I love the way you try to make a point by listing the worts teams in the division what about Boro, Derby, Hull, Burnley !!! FFS ha ha ha

Seriously though, FK Mladá Boleslav are a top 3 side, Sparta Prague have played Liverpool, Arsenal and MU in recent seasons, and looked pretty good, certainly as good as Burnley and Derby did at the weekend. Hard to say really I suppose, given the Czech national side though makes me think their top flight is Championship equivalent...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

You've just named four of the top five. I named the sides at the bottom (all of which the top Czech sides would beat)
He's got to be better than Weimann at Derby anyway. Be impossible to be less effective. Plus we have Bolton next week so he'll be right at home.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Good shout. Ridiculous that Beram won't be there (but quite glad he'll get a few months off!) Wonder how far Knockaert and Stocko are down the pecking order.
Beram recently changed agents and has gone to stellar group. Wonder if he will even be around if we don't go up.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Hes not a winger, well not according to the official BHAFC tweet hes not !!

My post are boring dont read them ya mug

He's a winger. The club have pushed him as a striker to tick some boxes for the fans desperate for us to recruit a striker.

Great addition, needs time to settle and would thrive off a proven scorer like Murray or Ulloa.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I simply won't have it. [MENTION=350]Zebedee[/MENTION] will be distraught at that suggestion.

Didn't think I was that bad.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here