Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] NOW is time to get excited about the play-offs this time.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I'm with Simster on this one too. I have no sense of excitement for the play-offs whatsoever, and no sense of optimism. Don't mean to feel like this or choose it, it's just how it feels after Saturday. Absolutely flat.

Come on HHS. Saturday was a disappointment, but personally, I was more down after the Derby game.
We have a very good chance of going up and I bet the players will be well up for the battles ahead.............so too must be us fans.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We have to suffer playing Wednesday as the most boring side in the Championship.

That is my worry that the games will be a dull 0-0.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
We have to suffer playing Wednesday as the most boring side in the Championship.

That is my worry that the games will be a dull 0-0.

All you fans saying that we are the most boring side in the Championship do understand that you also participated in the games... at Hillsborough you weren't exactly trying to win the game either. :rolleyes:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Wednesday are a decent side, but I think people are generally expecting the winner of the other semi to go up. We've never been fancied all season. Wednesday will be a tough ask, I'll be delighted if we can get through, and then anything is possible.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
This week feels different to the last 15. We had a buzz around the place up an till about 2.30 on Saturday and now it just feels crap. The draw, the Stephens travesty which is just a joke and I don't know if that's just me or throughout the club. Its gonna take a hell of a lot of CH man management skills to raise the camp to be able to compete on Friday and Monday and I honestly do fear for us, but then I often do have the glass half empty mentality with Brighton.
I hope I am wrong and I generally believe that this bunch of guys are the best and most experienced we have ever had so will bounce back in a positive frame of mind, we know they are good enough, on there day they are the best team in the league, but I am just fearful.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
This week feels different to the last 15. We had a buzz around the place up an till about 2.30 on Saturday and now it just feels crap. The draw, the Stephens travesty which is just a joke and I don't know if that's just me or throughout the club. Its gonna take a hell of a lot of CH man management skills to raise the camp to be able to compete on Friday and Monday and I honestly do fear for us, but then I often do have the glass half empty mentality with Brighton.
I hope I am wrong and I generally believe that this bunch of guys are the best and most experienced we have ever had so will bounce back in a positive frame of mind, we know they are good enough, on there day they are the best team in the league, but I am just fearful.

Just how I feel! The last month I've felt tense 24/7. Since the game, everything just feels flat. I'm defo a glass half empty person, but all it will take is a good performance and result Friday (and no more suspensions...) for people to get their mojo back!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Just how I feel! The last month I've felt tense 24/7. Since the game, everything just feels flat. I'm defo a glass half empty person, but all it will take is a good performance and result Friday (and no more suspensions...) for people to get their mojo back!

Agree with both of you. My biggest hope is that CH and the team can use the perceived sense of injustice to galvanise themselves and use it to an advantage. #DoItForDale

patcham lad

Nov 27, 2009
forget what albion have achieved this season - we are now in the playoff's - anything can happen - no free ride here.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I'm excited, I'm stressed, I'm counting the hours to Friday evening. Let's get a good result and get back to a rocking Amex on Monday.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've been playing darts. Very therapeutic.

Mike-Dean-Dartboard.jpg

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A good performance and we'll all be buzzing again. We SHOULD be excited because on this season's form, we have the best chance we've ever had to get promoted via the play-offs at this level. Just hope the players have a spring in their step. I think they will.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I seem to recall us thinking 0-0 at Selhurst was fine...
To be fair, 0-0 remains a good result in a two legged affair without the away goals rule, and would have been fine then had we turned up in the home leg. We all know the reasons why we didn't, and it does seem unlikely that would happen again.

I'd take 0-0 at Hillsborough all day long, wouldn't you?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I am up for it, yes Saturday hurt it really did but deep down I knew the result was going to be a draw as the week has gone on I think hey we are Brighton we are always getting knock backs and do we let it beat us no we dust ourselves off and get back on the horse. When have we ever done things the easy ways auto promotion is so boring lets have fun in the playoffs.
I will not let that excuse of a man Dean have any influence on the way I feel he is not worth it, so I will be there on Monday loving every minute watching the team I love fighting for promotion because after the efforts this season they deserve my full support.

Some folks as come to Sussex,
They reckons as they know -
A durn sight better what to do
Than simple folks, like me and you,
Could possibly suppose.

But them as comes to Sussex,
They mustn't push and shove,
For Sussex will be Sussex,
And Sussex won't be druv!

So pick yourselves up boys there's 3 games to be won.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'll be a lot more excited once I get this ticket. Waiting for the queue-o-metic on the website to kick in...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here