Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
does anyone have any experience of catching thameslink into London (and back!) on a strike day? need to make a decision about whether I battle in tomorrow.

For the RMT strike days it is fine. Southern or Thameslink

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
shitty email from HR today advising on taking holiday/unpaid leave on strike days ..... very helpful! Even colleagues driving were late today due to more traffic ..... gggrrrrhhhgghhh!!!!!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Has anyone lost on there lost their job because of southern? The situation is beyond the joke now

Not personally but I do think there will be certain people who will be thinking of resigning from their jobs because of it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
shitty email from HR today advising on taking holiday/unpaid leave on strike days ..... very helpful! Even colleagues driving were late today due to more traffic ..... gggrrrrhhhgghhh!!!!!!!

W'nkers. What type of business do you work in?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This to me is the most alarmingly irresponsible development of all. To hand over responsibility for the tracks to the privatised TOCs, with all the inevitable corner cuttings on cost and sub-contracting ever downwards to the cheapest bidder will make the railways infinitely more dangerous than they are at present. Can't believe this to be allowed to happen. It's literally gambling with people's lives. Shocking.

Absolutely. Sadly we all know the nasty party will probably get another 5 years and steamroller this through.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Had similar a couple of years ago. A few people couldn't get to the office due to a snowflake stopping all Southern trains. I could WFH but those that couldn't were forced to take holiday/unpaid leave :nono:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Southern? Really? I have managed to avoid most of tis so far so not really up on the detail. Southern services are ok on a RMT strike day?

Yes on DOO services all running fine. So Brighton to Victoria mainline

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Southern? Really? I have managed to avoid most of tis so far so not really up on the detail. Southern services are ok on a RMT strike day?

Have been up to now but the drivers are no longer working overtime from today and judging by this mornings travel , things are getting a whole lot worse !!

Truth is , we don't know how it will be from now but it isn't going to be pretty.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Did anybody go up on the 6:30 or 6:40 GE this morning? Did they run ok-ish ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Have been up to now but the drivers are no longer working overtime from today and judging by this mornings travel , things are getting a whole lot worse !!

Truth is , we don't know how it will be from now but it isn't going to be pretty.

On the Btn to London the conductors strike is MEH

The divers on the other hand is where the carnage will come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here