Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The pied piper of the north stand

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Not sure if you're on a wind up or just trying cause trouble, but as a "middle north stander" I can assure you, you are talking shite!
Quite often you see people looking to the right trying to hear what's being sung, but the bottom line is you just can't hear them.
So wooooo back with you're conspiracy theory, because it's just not true.

Exactly this, we quite missed them when they moved from the middle ish to nw corner, feels a bit stuck in the middle now, no mans land...

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Exactly this, we quite missed them when they moved from the middle ish to nw corner, feels a bit stuck in the middle now, no mans land...

They were forced to move due to constant complaints to the club from dick heads complaining about their loud singing

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Safe standing? Right that's that bit done with, nowt happening there then.

Chap in question ain't the Messiah, he is a bloke who has followed the club for at least 30 odd years, and has the balls to start chant after chant. Comes from my old stomping ground, others around him too, a number of folks from the bad guysfoff the 80's too.
anyone can start a chant , sorry that don't impress me , it isn't a personnal slur on him by the way , yet again some people taking themselves way to seriousley:rolleyes:
regards
DR

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Think the biggest thing that is needed is to stop singing the slow drowning songs. If anything they slow the play down and may even make the players sleepy:)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
They were forced to move due to constant complaints to the club from dick heads complaining about their loud singing

Terrible eh, loud singing in the singing stand known as the North Stand......whatever next, families in the East Stand i shouldn't wonder.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
The atmosphere at Fc United yesterday v Witton was fantastic, less than 2000 in the ground, 1000 singing. They've got a great system, if you don't like a song, don't ****ing sing it, another one will be along in a minute!

That's where this lot differ, they stick with the same thing in the hope it catches on, which 99 times out of 100 it doesn't because it's dire.

If anyone had any awareness they'd realise this and be quick to work out what catches on and what doesn't, but alas they don't - as The judge says on here, they "Don't give a ****" and that for me is the problem, if they worked with the rest of the NS it could be great.

phonetichalo

Feb 17, 2009
Argentina
Moved to the NW corner for the last game as the atmosphere of were shit, the players are shit and Tony Bloom out was starting to get on my nerves in the east lower.

From what I can tell from my first time in the north is it seems to be full of fans that would enjoy the game more from another stand. Is this just left overs from the early seasons who wanted cheap season tickets?

The songs they sing are fine for me. The only one I thought was a bit off was the 1-0 and we still don't sing, but to be fair if i had been sat there all season trying to get an atmosphere going in a stand that should be loud and singing maybe I would have a pop at others too. The Rohan Ince and O'grady songs were nice.

Highlight for me was the 5mins of Tony blooms blue and white army (your voice must be ****ed after the game). if fans cant join in with that, then I don't know.

And the reason people in the middle of the north cant hear the songs is the person to your right isn't singing. (have a word) :)

All in all i think that group will slowly start to grow round the corner as fans fed up with their current seats move. As much as I missed my view the last game I came back from the football having enjoyed it a whole lot more. ( maybe cause I couldn't see how bad we were :S )

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I've been under the police box for the last 2 seasons, its great.

The Judge and the NSK deserve props not abuse. Its a real shame the the singing doesn't seem to spur on the rest of the north stand.

Surely its time to give a drum a try?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Will the drummer be able to keep up?
I'm not sure you've understood this. The point of a drummer is to provide a loud rhythm that keeps everyone else in time. It works really well at Palace and other places like Reading.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If familiar music played at full volume fails to keep people together, I won't be expecting much success on that front. Also, how do you know what to sing when a drummer starts thumping out some 'rhythm'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here