Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All get ready to laugh at Naylor...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As others have speculated we may have been playing the same card as CMS did before signing for Luton and BZ wanted to collect another months wages from QPR before committing to us. V much doubt that first contact was less than three days ago but we'll never know.

It wasn't.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As others have speculated we may have been playing the same card as CMS did before signing for Luton and BZ wanted to collect another months wages from QPR before committing to us. V much doubt that first contact was less than three days ago but we'll never know.

Yes I agree I can't see that being true. My point was 2 people have congratulated somebody who told us the same news Bozza & another poster had already said the day before. Just seems odd as I doubt the deal had been done for 6 weeks! Anyway doesn't matter really the main thing is he's back :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It wasn't.

Was your initial 'Zamora July 1st' info correct then - apart from the obvious delay in announcing? If so I think people need to give you the credit as the first to say it on here. Although can't see a signing sitting here for 6 weeks and we decide to wait until 10pm on a Monday to announce it and only do a medical tonight...?!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My guess is that Zamora got the July extension contract pay off from QPR as he'd not found a club (as did CMS from us according to Virgo) so could not sign till August. I assume he could have wanted a 'golden hello' in the shape of the £60k QPR would pay him in July if he was going to sign for us on the 1st July and we politely declined? Who knows . . . . . he's home now where he belongs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Was your initial 'Zamora July 1st' info correct then - apart from the obvious delay in announcing? If so I think people need to give you the credit as the first to say it on here.
I think those ITK may have been a little in the dark as to why the signing didn't happen. At the time Bozza's Zamora confidence rating plummeted, as he thought it was off.

I hope it was simply because he could still be paid by QPR, because I'd hate to think Hughton was ambivalent about Zamora's return.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He said it was a done deal and coincidentally a day after Bozza's post. He was wrong. About 5 weeks later and you're giving him credit for something that was wrong! Naulor has said first contact was Friday - not sure if true but all those saying they'd heard there was a problem with the medical were also seemingly wrong as he sailed through that tonight.

He said BZ had signed for 12 months. That's exactly what has happened.

Edited to add Jam the Man's brother had seen Bobby at the training ground.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He said BZ had signed for 12 months. That's exactly what has happened.

And that's exactly what 2 others had previously said 24hours before!!. He also said it would be announced 1st July - so no what he said wasn't correct. Anyone could've done that post after Bozza's post. I'm not saying he wasn't given some info but it was exactly the same as had already been said the day before. As if it was ever going to be anything other than 12 months! Sorry but he deserves no credit and the way he started the insults when questioned was disgraceful.

Anyway, main thing is he's signed so last comment from me on the matter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And that's exactly what 2 others had previously said 24hours before!!. He also said it would be announced 1st July - so no what he said wasn't correct. Anyone could've done that post after Bozza's post. I'm not saying he wasn't given some info but it was exactly the same as had already been said the day before. As if it was ever going to be anything other than 12 months! Sorry but he deserves no credit and the way he started the insults when questioned was disgraceful.

Anyway, main thing is he's signed so last comment from me on the matter.

He didn't insult anyone. I think you need to read his thread again. It's not storer's thread,

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He said it was a done deal and coincidentally a day after Bozza's post. He was wrong.
Yeah he was wrong. It's possible though that an agreement had been made, but it couldn't be signed due to the QPR wages thing. I find it inconceivable that the club hadn't spoken to him.

Naylor has said first contact was Friday - not sure if true
Definitely not true. Naylor is a ****ing idiot, and doesn't want to admit how wrong he got it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah he was wrong. It's possible though that an agreement had been made, but it couldn't be signed due to the QPR wages thing. I find it inconceivable that the club hadn't spoken to him.

Definitely not true. Naylor is a ****ing idiot, and doesn't want to admit how wrong he got it.

Yeh you're quite correct. And Bozza was the first to say the info on here so deserves the credit (he was given a lot of crap from some) if he had signed a deal in principle. Like I say, it really doesn't matter much - I prob shouldn't have pulled people up on their posts - just remember who posted what first that's all. He's signed that's all that matters :)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
But against all expectations, probably, I'm going to side with Andy Naylor. The club have been ridiculously cool to the point of "Bobby who?" this Summer.

Every time Naylor rubbished the Zamora story it tied in with me being told stuff like "No chance at all." The club has never had cards this close to its chest.

Taking that as a trusted lead, as he clearly did, saw him make some bold statements, that look a bit silly now. If I was sitting where he was, I'd probably have written the same.

There was always another side to this tale though. The smoke alarm has been beeping for ages. Now we can see the fire.

I have always thought Journalists investigated suspicious noises a little bit.

Naylor's job, as a journalist, involves sticking his neck out now and again. Sometimes he'll get it right, sometimes he won't. When he gets it wrong he's crucified by a bunch of mongs on the internet. The same mongs who post ENDLESS drivel but it doesn't matter because only half a dozen other mongs pay them any attention.

Andy Naylor doesn't give a flying f*ck what the mongs think, and he's laughing because he knows the mongs would LOVE his job.

The only time he'll worry is when the criticism stops - as that's when he's not being read. For now, the fact that this is even a discussion at the top of the board on a night like this tells you all you need to know

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only time he'll worry is when the criticism stops - as that's when he's not being read. For now, the fact that this is even a discussion at the top of the board on a night like this tells you all you need to know
I know you have something of a point, but he's not a pantomime villain z list celebrity, he's the local sports journalist, and the fact that many of us think he's a joke and don't buy his paper or subscribe to his tweets isn't a great endorsement. He's supposed to try and get some things right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here