Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
IL and Stat - agreed!

You are going to find this beyond belief as proper cyclists but the bike I took was:

a) racked about 10 metres away from my own

b) a totally different model, make, colour - as was the helmet

But it was the right size, had the same clips on the pedals and the helmet fitted perfectly.

As I rode off I was thinking that

1. the gears seemed a bit odd (but the same change mechanism) and (wait for it)
2. that some ******* must have stolen the computer (£5 from Lidl by the way) on my handlebars!

To be honest I think the phrase '£5 from Lidl' just about sums up my professionalism as a cyclist.

Even sadder was the transition was in the pit lane of the motor racing circuit and I very consciously made a mental note of the numbered bay where I put my bike as I knew I'd be a bit disorientated coming in from the first run. It was between numbers 12 and 14 and I wondered why it wasn't marked up as 13. Then of course I realised that racing drivers might be a bit nervous about 13!

Anyway - I'm going to enter another event now to get this one out of my system .....................and a garish towel is at the top of my list of things to take (along with 'brain').

Cheers!
So you just picked up any old bike then! I presume you were cycling in running shoes then? Otherwise you would have put her shoes on too!

If you are cycling in trainers then you will get way faster and more comfortable in cycling shoes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And the betting successes just keep on coming.... Not.

Thought Theuns was fantastic value today @50/1
He was if the e/w paid out to 4 th place.
Can't really argue with a Kittel, Cav, Greipel 123 I suppose :(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Unlucky.
Nice to see Cav's new game plan, pretend I still ride for Etixx, almost work.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So close in the end for Cav. Steve Cummins pinched the stage in the Basque Country as well, a decent day for Dimension Data.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Unlucky.
Nice to see Cav's new game plan, pretend I still ride for Etixx, almost work.

Fantastic wasn't it. No stranger to jumping from train to train but this time he just sat at the back of the Steppers train in Kittel's wheel all the way. Good to see him back.

Marcel Kittel on the March then. Lots of different riders winning stages and races early on this season.

Nah, speed bumps in his next race and he doesn't make the pointy end :lol: Only joking. Always nice to see Kittel right up there.

So close in the end for Cav. Steve Cummins pinched the stage in the Basque Country as well, a decent day for Dimension Data.

I wonder how many times he can pull off this trick before they wise up to it? Probably infinite mileage in it to be honest. I think we've seen him do it at least 4 times now :) Great ride!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
2016040425_pave_header.jpg

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

With bookies offering first five or even six e/w at the grand national, and a couple of bookies offering similar for the Masters. We do get rather stitched up as cycling betters. Up to 200 in a race and only first three paid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here