Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dyche still after Stephens

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes Burnley Football Club and Sean Dyche are that unprofessional and mad as a box of frogs to bid for a player that they don't want.

We had two centre midfielders to speak of (one of which has since gone), it's quite possible to think that we wanted, nay needed, a few more, and different types.

Dyche was after Stephens all summer, it would be ridiculous to think that he still isn't after him considering we only have three proper centre midfielders and Marney isn't getting any younger and Defour can't last 90 minutes at the moment because of the way we play.

He should have offered what he's worth then. He didn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 10, 2014
Dyche doesn't offer anything Guinness Boy.

Dyche and his team identify who they want and the board do all the offering and bidding.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Er... is it in the paper? If just online, it's obv nothing to do with space filling.

No quotes? Managers are only going to talk off the record (outside of the window) or they'll get done for tapping up.

Why is it obv not space filling?...if its online same in theory...and sorry ..but its the Sun..which personally i dont have much faith in

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dyche doesn't offer anything Guinness Boy.

Dyche and his team identify who they want and the board do all the offering and bidding.

Well let me put it in simpler, Holloway-esque terms for you. It's 1.30 am and you're in the club with your mates. You've been eyeing up this bird all night but you know she's high maintenance but unlikely to have a nutter boyfriend. Then this other girl's been making eyes at you & you know she's dirty & you think she's cheap but she's technically still attached to a fairly intimidating boyfriend.

You decide to buy both a drink. You get girl one champagne and girl 2 a WKD. You're not disappointed when you land girl one as she's a lot less hassle, but you always dream of what might have been with the undervalued slapper with the minder. Next time you're in the club you tell all your mates you could have had her.

That's you that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has this not all escalated because Burnley didn't have the money to buy Dale Stephens and wanted to buy him on very extended terms that BHA wouldnt accept. So even with the promotion prize money they still cant afford to buy a player.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Why is it obv not space filling?...if its online same in theory...and sorry ..but its the Sun..which personally i dont have much faith in

Well, unlike a newspaper, there's not a defined space to fill on the Internet, so that's not a reason to make up stories.

You could call it click-chasing, but I don't think stories about Brighton/Burnley are going to move too many needles tbh...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well, unlike a newspaper, there's not a defined space to fill on the Internet, so that's not a reason to make up stories.

You could call it click-chasing, but I don't think stories about Brighton/Burnley are going to move too many needles tbh...

:shrug: there still space to fill on a web page of a national and looks just like regurgitating an old story and maybe Burnley supporters are there target market :D ...but hey ...time will tell

Jan 10, 2014
Has this not all escalated because Burnley didn't have the money to buy Dale Stephens and wanted to buy him on very extended terms that BHA wouldnt accept. So even with the promotion prize money they still cant afford to buy a player.

It isn't about affording, it's about trying to get a player that your manager wants and the circumstances that the said player is in and how you can get that player (something Guinness Boy doesn't understand).

It's a nonsense to say what a player is worth (in money terms), only the club who has the player can decide that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It isn't about affording, it's about trying to get a player that your manager wants and the circumstances that the said player is in and how you can get that player (something Guinness Boy doesn't understand).

It's a nonsense to say what a player is worth (in money terms), only the club who has the player can decide that.

If you had £10 you wouldnt try to buy an I pod for £200 unless the you expected the seller to accept £5 deposit and the rest of the balance at £1 per week and that wouldnt happen, which you wouldnt expect them to.

Jan 10, 2014
Oh I do like a ridiculous analogy.

It's like the world of football is like any other business and profession out there.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
This true mainly because of the rarity value over the last 50 years of this fixture. Those years sometimes where we had the whole of the Football league between us. For the record: in 50 years Albion have only EVER been in a higher league than Palace in TWO of them. And the second one they were relegated out of the old First Division (for the first and only time).

yep but we pay our debts and dont screw our creditors...

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Stephens has been offered £4m in January to leave to go to Burnley.
Unless the club offer him at least the same, he will, I assure you be gone - regardless of where we are in the table or whether the manager/chairman wants him to stay

He can't go...He is contracted to us!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Unless the club offer him at least the same, he will, I assure you be gone - regardless of where we are in the table or whether the manager/chairman wants him to stay

He has a contract until the end of June so if the chairman wants him to stay he will do.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tony has gone on record as saying no one will be sold in January, so no deal will be done for him to go, and anyway Burnley will not have been given permission to speak to him and offer that money.

Is the club aware of the illegal approach which you alledge ?

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Well Portslade Seagull, I hope your happy with starting this thread. Jesus you've even got that sad c**t 8th Batallion Lancs winding everyone up on here with his pomposity.

Clampet

Apr 27, 2016
If his contract ends in the summer he can talk to other clubs a few months before, and, agree a contract with the one he wants to go to. Not sure but it might be 6 months before. It's taking a chance as an injury could leave him with no club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here