Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you RENEW your season ticket ?

Will you renew your season ticket ?

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was a season ticket holder at Gillingham so I don't care about the division we're in but that was before I had kids. My son loved it the Amex but now no longer wishes to go. It was good when it was something that we did together but if I have to go on my own, I'm not so sure it's a high priority

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Relevant question for me is will you be newing a ST? Relocating to East Sussex just in time for last 3 games. being new to the Amex, I'm trying out N1A, W1H and W1G and then take a view. I suspect I will continue on a 'pay as you go' next season and then look at a half season ticket (if offered) in a spot that appeals.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope the club (Mr Barber) read this thread. NSC draws from a large spectrum of supporters, all with unique circumstances, and would be reasonably representative of our support as a whole. If the poll finishes with 20% not renewing, then I reckon that won't be far off the actual number.

The club have got their work cut out!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Or . . 85% 'yes' or 'not sure' with half of the nayers due to relocating. No headline here I'm afraid.

But wouldn`t you agree that NSC ers are more likely to be loyal/permanent supporters than average...So my guesstimate would be less than 80% of total yes or not sure leaving approx 20% not renewing + say half of not sure yet...could well be 25% of STH not being renewed. Which may make up my mind not to renew my three as plenty available to buy on weekly basis...especially(perish the thought) if in League one.....

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I have been a season ticket holder since second season at Gillingham. It has been about survival and the cash from season tickets was vital to the club.

After the past couple of seasons of utter shite on the footballing side when we had the world at our feet I ask myself can I be bothered to give them mymoney up front for them to cluck up when I can easily get tickets when I need them?

That married with a young family more demanding job leads me to say No.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
A better question would have been will you cancel your season ticket as that is what you actually have to do (unless you pay up front like me).

Last edited:

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I've been a supporter for nearly sixty years and a customer for two. Every year I have come back at the start of the. season with the hope/expectation that no matter what had happened in the previous one, the club would be doing its utmost to move things on. It didn't always happen but I still came back for more. Currently, that ambition seems to be sadly lacking. It was obvious that the team needed improving mid -season, with a desperate need for someone to score goals the priority. The result-Leon Best, a very occasional goalscorer. I will probably renew, but without much enthusiasm. I guess it's a habit I can't break!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I voted No but that is purely because I missed 6 home games because of work commitments and that is unlikely to change next year so makes financial sense to just pay to see the games I can actually make (although I will really miss my seat (East Stand Upper - Half Way line).

That might not be strictly true Mr Monkey. Work out the cost of 17 tickets on a match by match basis and then compare with the cost of your season ticket. you might be surprised

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uh
I've been a supporter for nearly sixty years and a customer for two. Every year I have come back at the start of the. season with the hope/expectation that no matter what had happened in the previous one, the club would be doing its utmost to move things on. It didn't always happen but I still came back for more. Currently, that ambition seems to be sadly lacking. It was obvious that the team needed improving mid -season, with a desperate need for someone to score goals the priority. The result-Leon

Best, a very occasional goalscorer. I will probably renew, but without much enthusiasm. I guess it's a habit I can't break!

I agree, following the Albion at the moment is not much fun. Is it an age thing or is it because we are so predictable and toothless up front? In League One we had Murray and Barnes, two strikers who make the overpaid trio we have at present look like a complete waste of money. I used to be THRILLED watching them at Withdean, I don't think I've been thrilled at all this season apart from with Texeira in the Ipswich game.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Gone for undecided but will probably be a yes .... depends on whether I prefer to spend it on a golf membership instead

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm a fan, still a fan, course I'll renew.

I'm looking forward to seeing the spin in the renewal letter though. "Its been a challenging season with lots of twists and turns, but with Chris in charge I'm convinced we will are in for an exciting 2015-16 where I fully expect us to once again be pushing for promotion*

*just not sure which division

I'm with you as far as the renewing goes, but I'm not looking forward to the spin in the renewal letter. Last winter the club sent out cliché-ridden diatribe on the cheapest available paper with Tony Bloom's signature printed at the bottom and at least one example of smug self-justification per paragraph. Too many people at the club just don't get it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Your right, there are quite a few supporters who drive from distance, I often see cars on the M4 from Wales and the West and do link up sometimes from several guys from the Gloucester area who come down for games and are season ticket holders. If I attend a mid week game, I leave at 2pm, and get home about 1 am. Saturdays are a 10am to 9pm 450 mile round trip. I just find its getting that bit harder to do as i'm getting older.
Yep it seems we have many many exciles now and this is probably why turnouts are low in the midweek games as no facker wants to do the dreaded m25 and m23 in the evening...way to much hassle.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here