Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you RENEW your season ticket ?

Will you renew your season ticket ?

• Total voters

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I voted yes, but it concerns me that 27% have voted either no or undecided. 56 votes is not exactly representative but it's a big percentage considering cancelling especially as we can be sure that the rest of the season is going to be pretty grim...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm a fan, still a fan, course I'll renew.

I'm looking forward to seeing the spin in the renewal letter though. "Its been a challenging season with lots of twists and turns, but with Chris in charge I'm convinced we will are in for an exciting 2015-16 where I fully expect us to once again be pushing for promotion*

*just not sure which division

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
11 votes, and no no's as yet.

Obviously some people won't renew but I wouldn't underestimate the power of the interest free direct debit. For a lot of people having to find 500 quid pretty much in one lump would concentrate the mind and quite a few of those might not renew and go match by match. But IMO a lot of people will just let their dd's carry on
We wouldn't have season tickets without the dd.
The Albion is just another utility along with electric and council tax.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We wouldn't have season tickets without the dd.
The Albion is just another utility along with electric and council tax.
This.

"D/D BRIGHTON & HOVE AL" is a permanent and magnificent fixture.

kjgood

I voted no, only because I live in Wales, i'm getting older, and the drive to Brighton and back is getting harder. I really havent had the value for money this season to make the ticket cost effective to renew. Its nothing to do with waning support i shall remain as passionate as ever.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I clicked undecided. My 10 year old son has said he wants to (regardless of what league we are in) and I feel the same but:-

a) I am a youth football coach and we play Sat mornings. Next season (u11) match length increases to 30 mins e/w and the later finish, means it could be tricky to get to some games
b) My mate's son (we sit together) has decided he doesn't want to come anymore, which will affect his decision on whether to renew or not
c) We moved seats this season and we have a couple of absolute bellends behind us

Decisions.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The inference being that if you didn't renew, you wouldn't be a fan? ???

Nope. People will have various reasons for not renewing. Finance, changes in circumstances etc.

Nothings changed for me in that respect though, so speaking personally, I have absolutely no reason not to renew. My support has never been dependent on what division we are in, how cack the preceding season has been, or what I think of the CEO.

I'll be there in August. Business as usual.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I voted no, only because I live in Wales, i'm getting older, and the drive to Brighton and back is getting harder. I really havent had the value for money this season to make the ticket cost effective to renew. Its nothing to do with waning support i shall remain as passionate as ever.
You are not a regular poster...

Seems that there are many long distance STHs who hide their Albion supporting light under a bushel.

Put to shame those so-called fans who come on here and moan all the time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1901 so tied in for another year anyway.

I do get the impression that the modern Albion take the fans support for granted and think we are a bit thick.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I've voted no, but I'll explain why.

This ISN'T a protest or a statement about The Board, Paul Barber or The Amex.

It's a choice.

I've been a season ticket holder since the first season back at Withdean, my Son's have had a ticket for every season at The Amex, with me.

The both play football, hockey, cricket and have their own interest on top of this. I've spent the last two seasons, at least, rushing around on a Saturday to get to football, after watching them train, play etc. I love this and don't want anything to get in the way of it and local football is easier to get too, cheaper (although that's not my reason for not buying a ST), and more time convenient.

I'll still come to the odd game as many friends have tickets or I can buy one.

Would I do this if we were in The EPL, no, possibly not, but we're not and at THIS time of my life I've made a choice, that is all. Up the Albion!

kjgood

You are not a regular poster...

Seems that there are many long distance STHs who hide their Albion supporting light under a bushel.

Put to shame those so-called fans who come on here and moan all the time.

Your right, there are quite a few supporters who drive from distance, I often see cars on the M4 from Wales and the West and do link up sometimes from several guys from the Gloucester area who come down for games and are season ticket holders. If I attend a mid week game, I leave at 2pm, and get home about 1 am. Saturdays are a 10am to 9pm 450 mile round trip. I just find its getting that bit harder to do as i'm getting older.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here