Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible bad news for a B777 [Malaysian MH370]

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
this is the best theory out there........i posted this earlier in the thread:

http://www.sott.net/article/275646-Was-Malaysia-Airlines-Flight-370-redirected-to-Diego-Garcia

(....to much jubilation amongst the bbc cheerleaders).

i wonder,do you ever read the links you post? It seems you just casually post links you have obviously read from various CT websites,you dont seem to take the time to look at the information you are given objectively.

In the link you posted from an author who claims to be quite knowledgeable on aviation it only takes a few lines of reading to get to this.

"If there indeed had been a massive technical failure, the crew would have tried to safely ditch the plane at sea, not return to Malaysia"

Yes, instead of returning to a safe airport in Malaysia the best option will always be lets go for a sea landing first.

What a load of cock!

Not as much cock as your Diego Garcia theory though...Do carry on though please.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not as much cock as your Diego Garcia theory though...Do carry on though please.

the funny thing about that site's Diego Garcia claim (apart from the matter of fact ditch in the sea), is the first diagram shows an angle that would take you to the Maldives, considerably to the north. never mind such details though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
i wonder,do you ever read the links you post? It seems you just casually post links you have obviously read from various CT websites,you dont seem to take the time to look at the information you are given objectively.

In the link you posted from an author who claims to be quite knowledgeable on aviation it only takes a few lines of reading to get to this.

"If there indeed had been a massive technical failure, the crew would have tried to safely ditch the plane at sea, not return to Malaysia"

Yes, instead of returning to a safe airport in Malaysia the best option will always be lets go for a sea landing first.

What a load of cock!

I can't believe that from hybrid_x when all his other theories are so well thought out and investigated ???

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Still no sign of the wreckage... You think if they could pinpoint the co-ordinates of the satellite pictures, use the time of the picture and forecast the currents of the ocean they'd be able to narrow it down and roughly pinpoint a location.

I just truly hope this isn't a false dawn, must be total hell for the families. Can't grieve unless you know for sure and judging by the press interviews with family members, most seem to think their relatives are still alive. Horrible.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Still no sign of the wreckage... You think if they could pinpoint the co-ordinates of the satellite pictures, use the time of the picture and forecast the currents of the ocean they'd be able to narrow it down and roughly pinpoint a location.

I just truly hope this isn't a false dawn, must be total hell for the families. Can't grieve unless you know for sure and judging by the press interviews with family members, most seem to think their relatives are still alive. Horrible.

This all comes down to one of my previous posts - we're really not as clever as people believe. You're talking about a tiny object photographed from space in a split second in an ocean of chaotic variable currents, tides, winds etc. It really was always going to be the proverbial needle in a haystack. They are between a rock and a hard place announcing this type of information. They are criticised for holding info. back and for giving false hope.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I doubt they will ever find it

They will find it. It may be beyond the scope of this search but eventually the sea will give up it's secrets.Underwater exploration is getting better and better and in the search for new resources of oil/gas/etc I'm sure the plane will be found on underwater radar at some time in the future. All this is scant consolation for the poor families of the crew and passengers though.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
It took about 50 years for them to find a BOAC piston plane that crashed into a mountain in the Andes whilst en route to Chile. Can we wait that long?

They needed that data on the Air France Airbus crash into the South Atlantic to prove why a crashed to prove whether the type was safe. I think the same applies to the 777 (pretty safe up to now) plus the Rolls-Royce engines.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They will find it. It may be beyond the scope of this search but eventually the sea will give up it's secrets.Underwater exploration is getting better and better and in the search for new resources of oil/gas/etc I'm sure the plane will be found on underwater radar at some time in the future. All this is scant consolation for the poor families of the crew and passengers though.

We've explored approx. 5 - 7% of the entire ocean floor, and about 0.5% of the entire ocean itself.

So I wouldn't be too certain it could be found anytime soon.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We've explored approx. 5 - 7% of the entire ocean floor, and about 0.5% of the entire ocean itself.

So I wouldn't be too certain it could be found anytime soon.

It may well not be picked up by explorers, more likely by people seafloor mapping using side scan sonar.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It may well not be picked up by explorers, more likely by people seafloor mapping using side scan sonar.

Sorry I'll be more precise, we've explored, as in we've mapped, investigated, scanned, etc. 5-7% of the entire ocean floor.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm sure there are many people preparing screenplays or novels based upon what might have happened at this very moment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure there are many people preparing screenplays or novels based upon what might have happened at this very moment.

They could release the movie on 1st May - May Day?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
They said on Channel 4 news this evening that the flight recorder only captures the final 30 minutes of flight deck dialogue, so **** all point looking for that as the stuff of interest will have happened seven hours earlier.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
They said on Channel 4 news this evening that the flight recorder only captures the final 30 minutes of flight deck dialogue, so **** all point looking for that as the stuff of interest will have happened seven hours earlier.

It doesn't only record voice, though.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Thats the CVR (Cockpit voice recorder) 30 mins is the minimum recording, CAA, FAA, NTSB, AAIB all recomend 2 hours recording.

FDR ( Flight data recorder ) will record all other parameters...ie flying controls, settings , in fact most things that are selectable on aircraft.

35 years aircraft engineer....but no 'expert' like all these oafs on TV

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here