Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible bad news for a B777 [Malaysian MH370]

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
thats quite an entertaining plot they have there. a cargo gets "loaded" from the "Seychelles" onto a flight that then "flys" it back to Diago Garcia. shame they werent creative enough to not use the ship "MV Maersk Alabama" which featured in the Captain Philips hostage taking.

Not saying the Russian take is true, but the vessel is still in active service out of Norfolk Virginia.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If it was a hijack then with no sign of debris at sea or a crash site on land it does look more and more likely the plane could have landed at some point. The best response to a hijack and hostage scenario is to have a media blackout. Easier of course if the plane lands on a military base.
No media coverage makes the hijackers position far weaker. No doubt the position will unfold over the coming days.

Yeah I thought this, but then the hijackers can call every news office in the world to tell them the story and one of them would go public eventually. Can't keep a story like this quiet.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The more I read the more I am inclined to think that the level of technical sophistication needed to undertake this disappearance points to someone like a global super power. My guess would be the USA

I sometimes think that film,fiction and propaganda lead us to believe that we have such advanced technical capabilities that we cannot comprehend that a disappearance of this kind can happen. My own thoughts are that our perception of our technical abilities is actually above and beyond what we are really capable of. It suits those in power to give us this belief and our confidence in their ability to keep us safe.

I'm inclined to think that it hasn't taken a massive level of technical sophistication to switch off an aircraft and make it disappear. The reason this concept is so shocking, is that none of us can really believe this can happen in this day and age. The reason we've had so much misinformation isn't because governments are hiding key facts from us, it's because they don't know. Admitting they don't know completely dissolves the pretence of control they might have over possibilities such as this.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I sometimes think that film,fiction and propaganda lead us to believe that we have such advanced technical capabilities that we cannot comprehend that a disappearance of this kind can happen. My own thoughts are that our perception of our technical abilities is actually above and beyond what we are really capable of. It suits those in power to give us this belief and our confidence in their ability to keep us safe.

I'm inclined to think that it hasn't taken a massive level of technical sophistication to switch off an aircraft and make it disappear. The reason this concept is so shocking, is that none of us can really believe this can happen in this day and age. The reason we've had so much misinformation isn't because governments are hiding key facts from us, it's because they don't know. Admitting they don't know completely dissolves the pretence of control they might have over possibilities such as this.

This is so close to the truth it wins post of the year for me. I know ours and other nations technical ability is 'X' and what the public believe is 'Z'...it is not in anybody's interest to highlight 'Y', the gap between the two.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Over 400 airports it could have gone to.

Bi3Al6_CIAAx_l_.png

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Great post.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
And you don't think any of those airports might have by now reported it landing if it had ?

money buys mouths, and many of these aiports are military.

historic events make this possible.

i don't think it's in the ocean anywhere......too much floats, and planes wherabouts are known......sheesh, satellites can pinpoint phones.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And you don't think any of those airports might have by now reported it landing if it had ?

money buys mouths.

historic events make this possible.

i don't think it's in the ocean anywhere.

Ah back to the same hyperlink you posted on Saturday only now oh so cleverly disguised. So which is it? Is the plane at one of those airports on your map or is it in Diego Garcia?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
For the Americans to hijack a plane, full of Chinese people is a tad unbelievable frankly....
The plane has crashed into the sea somewhere...not yet found, due to ineptitude, and the Malaysian authorities, being sadly ill equipped....the crew, and the passengers are dead...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here