Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
I've not seen it 1066, but 'Battle Mountain: Graeme Obree's Story' ought to be worth a watch.

If it's anything near as good as The Flying Scotsman then it should be well worth the watch. Thanks, had never heard of it.

I will second this one. Well worth a watch.

I saw it screened at Duke of York's and Graeme was there with his latest contraption.

Whilst it obviously includes elements of aerodynamics and geekery, it's a very personal documentary and quite revealing about Obree's character, vulnerability and wit...

greengull

Sep 5, 2003
spolier - I think they have pulled Guy Martin's programme, as he had to pull out after a few days. Hopefully when he does another attempt, there will be a new programme

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just a quick catch up:-

- If you do Tricky I'll rip the earphones out and drop them down a drain.
- He'll be retired a long time.
- He's no Louis Spence
- Rule 5 Moto

&

For those that know him, Phil turned up this afternoon on his new singlespeed fixie...

...Unleash the dogs of war.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Just a quick catch up:-

- If you do Tricky I'll rip the earphones out and drop them down a drain.
- He'll be retired a long time.
- He's no Louis Spence
- Rule 5 Moto

&

For those that know him, Phil turned up this afternoon on his new singlespeed fixie...

...Unleash the dogs of war.

Hey Stat, you've not slung a leg over the bike for a while. Hope all ok.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey Stat, you've not slung a leg over the bike for a ride for a while. Hope all ok.
Yeah, busy at work plus I was doing a different job which in turn made my back angry!
I'm now at this point.
If you substitute cycling for surfing, you've got me, and as yet the boys haven't done an intervention:-

2 weeks of mainlining brie has made that nearer the mark than I'd like, who knew it was fattening :lol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I've still got that haematoma [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]!

Anyway, I went out looking for turbos, rollers and soft shells today. Drew loads of blanks. Halfords are knocking out a tidy Boardman soft shell down from £50 to £35. If the XL wasn't so snug I'd be in one. Check it out fellas, I reckon its a good buy even at full price.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Yeah, busy at work plus I was doing a different job which in turn made my back angry!
I'm now at this point.
If you substitute cycling for surfing, you've got me, and as yet the boys haven't done an intervention:-

2 weeks of mainlining brie has made that nearer the mark than I'd like, who knew it was fattening :lol:

Brie, fattening who would of thought. :eek:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Happy New Year Cycling Geeks, anyone brave enough(or well enough) to venture out today? Combination of rain and last nights excesses did it for me , so I will have to wait for tomorrow to get my first ride of the year in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here